LegacyGT.com

Powder Coating shops in SoCal?

mk6933

Just a heads up but I think someone posted up a link on this forum a while back saying how powdercoating forged wheels aren't recommended since it would weaken them. I'm not sure how true that is, but something to keep in mind if your wheels are forged I suppose.

• 4 weeks later...
I have one that does my FMIC kits in powder and ceramic coating (they have done about 10 for me so far and I'm going to send them more when I get my new order of FMIC's in May) and I just got a couple of kits back today and they do great work. It's call Young Guns 909-944-4156 Ask for Arron or Mike (the owner) . They are in Rancho Cucamonga . Tell them you are a friend Bryan for Racer X Engineering and that I refereed you and maybe they will cut you a deal. I don't know how far they are from you. Bryan
Racer X FMIC for '05-'09 LGTs, '08+ WRX and '10+ LGT,'14+ FXT, and '15+ WRX TMIC Racerxengineering.com

I've researched tirelessly on powder coating forged rims and ultimately decided on doing it after reading up on a metal and metallurgy forum.

http://www.eng-tips.com/viewthread.cfm?qid=151053&page=10

No significant evidence found, and also the powdercoating place I went to said they had a separate section for forged rims (lower temps). They were actually factory powdercoating 100+ multipiece forged rims as I dropped off my rims. Here is the place

Nu-Tech powdercoating

714-632-5045

2990 E. Blue Star Street

Anaheim, CA 92806

I've researched tirelessly on powder coating forged rims and ultimately decided on doing it after reading up on a metal and metallurgy forum.

http://www.eng-tips.com/viewthread.cfm?qid=151053&page=10

No significant evidence found, and also the powdercoating place I went to said they had a separate section for forged rims (lower temps). They were actually factory powdercoating 100+ multipiece forged rims as I dropped off my rims. Here is the place

Nu-Tech powdercoating

714-632-5045

2990 E. Blue Star Street

Anaheim, CA 92806

Hm, good to know. Thanks for the correction.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
I found a place for $160 include sandblasting and powdercoat. BUT, they don't have many color choices. Selling my wheels now, but thanks Fred.

is $160 for all 4? do you remember what their color choices are? Thinking of painting my stockers dark gray.

Does anyone know if powdercoated rims can stand up to the tire mounting tools that tire shops use? I'd hate to get rims powder coated but only to get them all chipped up by tire shops.

My wholesale price (and the powder coater was a race team sponsor) is more than $60 a wheel, Lol.

I have seen motorcycle wheels cost $250 each (gonna find out shortly as the Buell is getting some color).

But, Electrotech does all my coating. Has for years. Over 200 colors. Top quality work.

Archived