LegacyGT.com

Can't use oem Subwoofer

Max Capacity

H630SAG000 Each $228.50 $228.50

$185.09

Subwoofer/Amplifier

Big bass sound from a small package. Subwoofer is powered by an integrated amplifier and mounts under driver?s seat. (2.5i Only) Cannot install on vehicles with Navigation System.

Would be ok to have a after market sub installed in the 09?

The 05 GT sounds great with the sub.

My 09 SpecB has the nav system. I did notice there is something under both front seats.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

$185.09

Subwoofer/Amplifier

Big bass sound from a small package. Subwoofer is powered by an integrated amplifier and mounts under driver?s seat. (2.5i Only) Cannot install on vehicles with Navigation System.

My 09 SpecB has the nav system. I did notice there is something under both front seats.

Its not worth it. For a little more money you can do a lot better.

$185.09

Subwoofer/Amplifier

Driver seat has the Nav the Passenger seat has the HK amp. so you have a sub on the rear deck.

Its not worth it. For a little more money you can do a lot better.

The OEM Sub is an excellent solution for people that want plug and play installation, that is totally transparent and takes up no cargo space in the trunk. Plus, it requires no wire tapping whatsoever and installs as if it's OEM. For a lot of people, that is worth the full asking price for it. (Those that aren't audiophiles and just want a little bit more thump without putting a sub in the trunk)

Driver seat has the Nav the Passenger seat has the HK amp. so you have a sub on the rear deck.

Good point!

PS Since when did you get a Spec.B, Max Capacity?

^ About 3 weeks ago.

Like the car, I just find the sound system lacking. Wish my 05 GT Wagon came with this 6-speed.

I have an older aftermarket amp leftover from years ago I think it's out of my 98 GT wagon or the Civic. I'll have to see if it's still at my old house that my son now owns. May be it could drive a new subwoofer.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

^ About 3 weeks ago.

Like the car, I just find the sound system lacking. Wish my 05 GT Wagon came with this 6-speed.

I have an older aftermarket amp leftover from years ago I think it's out of my 98 GT wagon or the Civic. I'll have to see if it's still at my old house that my son now owns. May be it could drive a new subwoofer.

Push and hold the audio button untill you hear a beep. Big diference in sound.

Putting subs in the rear wouldnt be a bad choise for an audiophile like me who did put 2 12" in trunk.

The OEM Sub is an excellent solution for people that want plug and play installation, that is totally transparent and takes up no cargo space in the trunk. Plus, it requires no wire tapping whatsoever and installs as if it's OEM. For a lot of people, that is worth the full asking price for it. (Those that aren't audiophiles and just want a little bit more thump without putting a sub in the trunk)

Good point!

PS Since when did you get a Spec.B, Max Capacity?

This is true, but there is an option to install a real sub and amp and still take up no space.

http://www.stereoclarity.com/products/car-audio/subaru-legacy-gt-hidden-enclosure

Installation may not be as easy, but this takes no space, and will sound MUCH better.

Push and hold the audio button untill you hear a beep. Big diference in sound.

Putting subs in the rear wouldnt be a bad choise for an audiophile like me who did put 2 12" in trunk.

Thanks, I'll try that on the 1 mile drive to the Mt in the morning. 12+ inches coming tonight and during the day tomorrow. Time to Ski.

Archived