LegacyGT.com

Catless Uppipe in CT?

CT05Legacy

08 come catless for their up pipe from the factory so I think you'll be ok. And going catless up on your 05 may be healthier for your turbo. Search for stories about catted up pipes

complete catless. you will need the uppipe o2 sensor disabled by a tuner or resistor or you will throw a light. Subaru should have never put the catted uppipe in. They were an awful emissions idea that was soon changed by them for many reasons. Many vf40's fall victim to the catted up because it breaks up and will clog and completely throw the stock ecu off and sufficate the turbo exhaust side and pieces shot in the turbo causing turbine damage. moral is get the catted one out lol. Its a b**** to do but well worth it. if your doing a new turbo i highly recommend it as well because i had to take mine out to get the up-pipe in. I have a catless up and invidia catted downpipe and the smell is extremely minor.

complete catless. you will need the uppipe o2 sensor disabled by a tuner or resistor or you will throw a light. Subaru should have never put the catted uppipe in. They were an awful emissions idea that was soon changed by them for many reasons. Many vf40's fall victim to the catted up because it breaks up and will clog and completely throw the stock ecu off and sufficate the turbo exhaust side and pieces shot in the turbo causing turbine damage. moral is get the catted one out lol. Its a b**** to do but well worth it. if your doing a new turbo i highly recommend it as well because i had to take mine out to get the up-pipe in. I have a catless up and invidia catted downpipe and the smell is extremely minor.

Thanks for the help. isn't the o2 sensor in the RH exhaust manifold, upstream of the cat in the uppipe? only sensor in the uppipe is the exhaust temp sensor. so installing a catless uppipe will still throwoff the o2 sensor in the exhaust manifold? any recommendations on uppipes? i know there are alot of aftermarket options, and I really don't know what differentiates them.

Yea catless UP is definitely the way to go. Little bit quicker turbo spool... slight bit of turbo noise if you pay attention... and much much safer for your turbo.

No problems with emissions either, I was worried about this earlier (there is a post a little further back) and I am running catless UP, catted DP, and Greddy catback... they just plug the car in and check for codes. Took me 5 minutes and no trouble... except the guy stalled my car pulling it out of the spot I was parked in... was not happy about that one.

• 2 weeks later...
? any recommendations on uppipes? i know there are alot of aftermarket options, and I really don't know what differentiates them.

Most pipes will be the same. If you want to go the cheapest route possible, take your stocker off and gut it.....if you aren't comfortable with that, you can find stock 08+ ones on here and nasioc for around $50 or so all day long. I wouldn't waste the money buying an aftermarket one as they actually aren't as well built and don't have the heatshielding as the stocker....unless you are wanting to add an ewg later on and are wanting a pipe for that, stay with the stocker one (just make sure it's gutted). If you use yours, just make sure the sensor hole is plugged. As for the cel, have your car tuned (which you will want anyway) and it'll go away.

Archived