LegacyGT.com

Retarded idle issues

so ive been having an idle problem that i thought was electrical, so i bought a new battery and had the alternator checked. problem went away for a few days and then came back.

Was the worst ive ever seen it tonight, I pull up to a stop sign push in clutch step on brake, radio, headlights are on. HORRIBLE oscillating idle almost stalling, and i can see the lights dim everytime it oscillates. Im totally stumped a little pissed off and kinda burned out on trying to fix this....

Any suggestions ?

1993 legacy ss td04 3inch turbo back walbro fuel pump TMIC 169,XXX miles

hmm i havent checked the timing belt, but it does need to be replaced. This problem only seems to happen when there somekind of load or draw applied. such as the head lights, radio, or even steeping on the brake will cause the oscillation to happen.

Sounds like a vacuum leak to me. Especially stepping on the brake which is a huge vaccuum draw and if you've got a leak somewhere, it just amplifies it.

Try the smoke test around all of your vacuum lines, inlets, valves, servos, etc., and see if you pick up anything

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

And the BG is not flickering/fluttering? And to make sure I'm converting correctly 20 in hg = ~0.68 Bar so it's off boost at that point correct? What happens when you bring the boost? Still stable BG?
- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

i had a some what similar problem. it turned out to be the MAF censer. but it didn't drive well either, a crap tone of low end power loss along with horrible idle and throttle lag. but my headlights and everything didn't dim. (MAF censer only a suggestion)

Archived