LegacyGT.com

loud squealing sound at high rpm

when i really punch my new can i get a sound like something is starving for oil?

it first it was my intake i thought. so i changed it to the intake from the 96 gt, with out all the extra junk on it. it stoped for awhile but now it does it still.

btw. reading the oil on these cars in a bitch. i added a whole quart and the reading never changed.

• I Donated
Is it possibly an accessory belt slipping

thats what I would look into. Check the condition of the belt (look for cracking in the ribs), and make sure the tension is OK.

Is your car an automatic? When a torque converter goes bad, it can make some funny noises.

-broknindarkagain

My Current Project - Click Here

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

• I Donated
its auto. and dont say that. that would suck!

check your belt and pulleys....and the power steering pump. If all else fails, start looking into the torque converter.

Are you able to catch a video of the noise?

-broknindarkagain

My Current Project - Click Here

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

when checking the oil, look on both sides of the dip stick. not just the one with "full" and "low"

one side is usually covered with a mess of oil and the other a very even line where the oil stops

that side, is the side that tells you how much oil is left. and always check the oil after the car has cooled and sat for a while.

Archived