LegacyGT.com

Buttonwillow Track Day: June 27th

We will be having a private track day on June 27th limited to approximately 30 cars, mainly Subaru. Expert instruction will be provided. Of the 30 slots, we have about 20 slots filled with mostly STis, 2 EVOs, 2 Audi S4s, and a BMW M3 (iirc). If you are interested, the cost is $279 per person if payment is received 20 days before the event. If you have any questions, you can drop me an email. We would love to see some Legacies out there.

Kevin

• 2 weeks later...

This is a track day that is more on the higher end for several reasons:

1) Unlike most other track events, we have a real professional on our payroll for this event so the guys participating will walk away not only having had their best track experience, but they will have more knowledge and understanding than they could had we had the regular track instructors that you see at many of these local track events. http://www.craigstanton.com will be leading the clinic.

2) Buttonwillow costs considerably more to rent out even during the week than either Willow Springs or Streets of Willow on the weekends.

3) The group is limited to approximately 30 guys whereas all the other events have between 65-100 other guys. The smaller group is less stressful and more enjoyable especially when you get to leave the pits and go out on the track whenever you feel like it. The track will rarely if ever be full with cars with such a small group.

Obviously, this is not something that everybody can afford, but I guarantee those who do participate will be looking forward to the next one and will agree that the extra money was well spent.

LandShark, I am counting on you to provide some video after the event is over. :) :)

Guaranteed! Got my dashboard sticky pod mount for the camcorder. Also plan to take lots of footage of the other cars and some track shots. I will need somebody to host the video for me. Last time, the site that I signed up for was difficult to use.

Kevin,

Is there any way to guarantee that they'll be some sort of timing device available? I'm interested in attending but I don't own a Hot Lap and IMO track days are useless unless you can measure your progress over the course of the day.

I cannot guarantee anything like that because its not me bringing the timing devices. However, I can tell you that you will benefit from the instruction and if you want I can time you your first few laps and then your last few laps.

In all honesty, most timing devices do not give you enough information to see where you are improving. In some cases, you may get faster in one segment of the track and slower in another but never know the difference. If you do buy a lap timer, make sure to buy one with that capability. Everyone has been telling me AIM or something like that, but I have not had a chance to do additional research.

I wish I could promise you that. The only thing I can promise is top notch instruction.

I have been uber swamped here. Sorry for not getting on here sooner.

If you send your payment in, send it to:

King of Imports, LLC

RE: Track Day

8581 Santa Monica Blvd. #500

LA, CA 90069

Please send your money in soon. This is filling up and I would like to accommodate subarus first. Drop me an email after you have dropped payment in the mail so I can get you out the forms that need to be filled out.

I am excited to see the legacies on thet track. The more people i talk to, the more I learn that the STi could be given a serious run for its money...

I think this would be a very good event to go to your first time. We are limiting the number of people to about 30. Right now we have 6 slots left. That means you will be able to focus on improving your driving technique and not have to worry about get rushed in and off the track to give others their time to drive. We have a professional instructor that can articulate driving concepts and strategies well so you can actually understand the concepts and apply them when on the track.

The individuals at this event have been screened in order to ensure everybody drive's safely at this event. If people drive beyond their limits, they will be watched closely. We are throwing this event so that people can improve the relative comfort they have in their vehicle's performance. This is not a race nor a speed contest.

We will likely have run groups in the morning because everyone is very eager to drive. As noon approaches and people feel more comfortable driving on the track, then I imagine those groups will dissolve. When we go to the track we space the cars out. If one car catches another because that person is faster, we usually allow people to pass on the straights because that is safest.

Again, the key is safety. By keeping this even to a small group of guys we can ensure both a safe and successful event that is a great experience for everyone.

If you have any questions, do not hesitate to drop me an email.

We have a few san diego guys coming up, :D, but I believe they are heading up the night before and spending 35 bucks on a hotel room.

I dont know if it will be annual. This is the first time we have thrown this event, so I guess it depends on how things look. It was setup to be more of an enthusiast get together and get some real quality track time in with professional instruction. I would say if anybody thinks they can make it, they should.

Archived