LegacyGT.com

fuel system

I am having car troubles which I think may be due to the fuel system. While driving agressively the car sputters and will not continue to pull. It seems as if the car is not getting fuel. I pulled over and couldn't get the car to start. It turns over but that's all it'll do. The car has plent of battery life left and doesn't seem to be leading to anything else. If I drive the car carefully i.e. giving it a little gas it doesn't have a problem, only when I give it a lot. Any ideas would be much appreciated!

I'll clean the maf tomorrow. The main problem with the car right now is it sputters at idle, prolly once every 5-10 seconds. The car didn't run bad until my dad and I installed my new clutch and everythign with the timing belt. I got it running after putting the cam sensor back in.. my mistake. As of now I am throwing 7 codes, Ill update the actual codes tomorrow. Two are o2 sensors front and rear.. I am also throwing a p1101 which is a Neutral Position Switch Circuit Malfunction and I am throwing a couple others. List will be updated! Oh and the check engine light is blinking.. Car is running fine otherwise

I'm not positive if the timing is off. My dad was the one who put the belt on.. We have seen it done but not done it ourselves. I didn't double check the timing. That is one thing i'll check. If the timing was off would the car run good? It pulls hard while driving. It's only at idle. If the timing was off would that throw seven different codes?

its hard to say. the timeing can be off in over 100 ways. each cam wheel can be off 2 teeth each directions. so whats 1x2x3x4x5x6x7x8. thats how many different ways the timing can be off. if you have it 2 teeth off ever time.. other wise its 1x2x3..x16. ways. hahaha. i think thats how my math teacher taught that.

with 8 codes, i would re-check all the wire connectors on the engine, especially the ones on the passenger side rear. and all the wires on the trans, i know there aren't many.

something is unplugged.

did you pull the engine or the trans to do the clutch?

Archived