LegacyGT.com

APEXCONE Raptor V2 gone, what now?

DR.1337

Wow that was it..thanks! Unplugging the DRL which you can find how to do here: http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/drl-disable-10-minutes-2117.html was crucial. Now 55w low beam (H7) 35w fog (H3) both 4500K no issues what so ever. Amazing output and the lights even turn on without needing to have them in the "on" position at ignition.

Interestingly, my 55w are a little bluer than my fogs which is the opposite of what most people say about the higher wattage washing out some of the color. Actually this is better since the fogs should be a little lower in the color spectrum as we all know for foggy conditions. It is very slight, but the low beams low OEM Audi/BMW style and the fogs are ever so slight whiter/hint of yellow which is perfect.

Overall love the Raptors I do NOT have the slims just these: http://www.ddmtuning.com/Products/Apexcone-Raptor-HID-Kit

One last note, I commute about 70 miles/day round trip, aside from gas prices ruining my life, these lights will gets lots of use so I will keep all of you posted to their durability.

Well short lived fun.. what was that a week? The driver side low beam is off inexplicably it won't turn on. Fogs and right low beam are just fine. Does anyone have any suggestions?? I'm going to contact DDM now and see how the lifetime warranty comes into play, but I don't know what the deal is. I think I will need to add the harness, but if it was an issue of power I would assume there would be other symptoms and it would affect both low beams. In any case I'm very frustrated and dissapointed with the apparent quality of these lights. Suggestions welcome!!

Only that you could try switching the ballasts from side to side, then same thing with the bulbs. This will isolate the problem and is what DDM will tell you to do first anyhow.
"This is an adventure."

Thanks.. I will try to investigate and hopefully it is a connection issue and not a bulb or ballast. At first I was annoyed that it was getting dark so late because I wasn't able to enjoy my new lights. Now I'm relieved that I can leave work late and not drive 35 miles with one headlight. Do y0ou guys have the SLIM or the regular HIDs?? I'm thinking about just buying the slim 55 w 4500k if they are considered better/more reliable. Also would I have to make new holes of modify anything different from the current setup??? Thanks again guys.

Ok so I finally finally was able to install this kit in my car. Works perfectly. Just turn the key and they turn on without having to start the car. One question I do have is that one of the ballasts emits a buzzing noise? Is that fine?

so I'm going to order some... but I have a few questions for anyone that can answer...

What is the difference between the 35w and the 55w? Obviuosly power, but is it a significant difference?

Also, i want to get replacements for both the low beams and the fog lights, what temp should I be looking for? I want to have something that is white, just barely on the Blue side.

Should I have the same temp for the low beams and fogs?

Probably 5000k low beams and 3000k fogs. Don't go any higher than 6000k for low beams.

Current: 16 Crosstrek Premium w/ Eyesight & 05 Outback XT 5MT

Past Subies: 14 FXT Premium, 14 WRX hatch, 06 Legacy 2.5i SE 5MT, 98 Outback wagon

so I'm going to order some... but I have a few questions for anyone that can answer...

Also, i want to get replacements for both the low beams and the fog lights, what temp should I be looking for? I want to have something that is white, just barely on the Blue side.

Should I have the same temp for the low beams and fogs?

If you want the OEM look like Audi BMW etc.. I'd stick to 4500K as even they appeared ever so slightly more blue than I thought, but pretty close to OEM. As far as fogs I think Soloz2 is right on for the fogs IF you want a yellowish fog look which is also best for low visibility driving. However, I ordered both 4500K low and fog and the fogs were a little whiter than the low beams. DDM says every bulb set varies slightly so 4500K vs another 4500K can vary. This is why they recommend not replacing a single bulb, but both to make sure color is the same.

An aside.... I'm still screwed with my winking :icon_wink low beams. I haven't had the time to switch ballasts and check bulbs etc... In fact I don't think I'll be able to for another week or so, and of course DDM can't send replacements until they receive the faulty ones. I'm guessing it'll be 6 weeks before my headlights are working properly... at least the days are getting longer!

Archived