LegacyGT.com

drivers side floor wet

i have a 98 legact gt wagon and i have notived that my drivers side floor is wet. the first thing i thought was the heater core, but the heat works fine, i dont smell or see any coolant. So what can be causing the floor to get wet?

• 1 month later...

Given that this is on the driver side, it's not your heater core. The same thing happened to me on my 1998 wagon, although on the passenger's side. After replacing the door weatherstripping, installing a missing fender liner, and blowing out the A/C evaporator drain hose, I decided to pull the cowl (the plastic piece under the windshield wipers). Sure enough a huge mound of dirt and sand was blocking the drain hole, thus forcing rain water not through the drain hose but rather between the firewall and the carpeting in the passenger compartment.

After you have removed the cowl, the drain holes will be obvious. Blow them out with compressed air or ream the attached hoses with a wire, then pour water through the holes and see if there is immediately a puddle forming at the rear of the wheel arch.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived