LegacyGT.com

Pioneer Component Speakers?

LegacyKid5

I've never been a fan of pioneer speakers. They lack midbass and clarity and they are too bright for my liking. Have you already bought them? If not, look into buying something else. FWIW your best bet when looking into buying car audio, is look at brands that are car audio specific they spend all their R n D on developing car audio gear. Brands like Pioneer, Sony etc have too much other stuff in their ranges to make anything well IMO. Look at brands like Focal (lack midbass as well but they sound decent), Crescendo, Seas, DLS, CDT etc

Yes I have used them in our car. You need a 1" spacer to fit them. I made them sound pretty decent by dampening and deadening the door, and by placing a piece of waterproof foam behind the magnet. ...Like I said pretty decent, that means decent midbass (but no kick in the chest), overblown midrange (fixed by using active processing), and bright tweeters (Turn those suckers WAAAY down!!). I have since replaced them with Focal Polykevlars and I guarantee that you will replace these soon after you install them. What Garbo says (in my experience) is spot on. He has also suggested some excellent brands that can be had for not too much that will sound pretty good in the stock locations.

Yes I have used them in our car. You need a 1" spacer to fit them. I made them sound pretty decent by dampening and deadening the door, and by placing a piece of waterproof foam behind the magnet. ...Like I said pretty decent, that means decent midbass (but no kick in the chest), overblown midrange (fixed by using active processing), and bright tweeters (Turn those suckers WAAAY down!!). I have since replaced them with Focal Polykevlars and I guarantee that you will replace these soon after you install them. What Garbo says (in my experience) is spot on. He has also suggested some excellent brands that can be had for not too much that will sound pretty good in the stock locations.

When you had that spacer in, were you able to fit the speaker behind the stock grill?

I have the Pioneer 6.5/6.75 " 4-ways in all four doors. I had to get a spacer for the fronts to clear the window.
Racer X FMIC for '05-'09 LGTs, '08+ WRX and '10+ LGT,'14+ FXT, and '15+ WRX TMIC Racerxengineering.com

Archived