LegacyGT.com

Install day - McKinney TX

executor485

Alright, just got the go ahead from the wife.

Sunday, March 27, starting at ~10am up in McKinney TX. Meet up at my house for a semi-install day. Not talking about anything like swapping out a clutch or something extremely time consuming, but things like basic maint or easier tasks that can be done in a couple of hours with some mid-experience level people.

Between ClimberD and myself I think we've got almost every tool needed to work on the subies. I've got an air compressor and impact gun, jack stands, jacks, etc. Just bring the parts and we'll go from there.

Come out and work on your car, show it off, learn a few things, share stories and likely eat some foods. I've got a grill, so we may want to arrange some food items and who'll bring what.

Some examples of things we've got in the works:

Oil changes

Possible up pipe swap/change

headers

exhaust

sway bars

end links

etc

So far:

robertsm99 - brake pad change on LGT

executor485 - Oil change on LGT

ClimberD - Fluid swap on his non-subie ;)

Aaron - (friend) end link swap on his Mazda 3

Aaron - (another friend) oil change on Honda Civic (non-riced version)

Andrew - (friend) oil change on WRX

RallyNavie - Pad inspection & anti squeal, oil change

Who else wants to join in the fun?

If I pass you on the right, I'm flipping you off.

Update your sig with this.

For me: I want to put the last of my interior back in.

Might also be interested in doing new fuel lines in the engine bay, and perhaps a FPR replacement.

I'm going to save the gaskets for another time, specifically for the next transmission swap since the EWG UP will have to come out.

I can bring Hebrew National hot dogs and buns.

Edit: alternatively if it wouldn't be totally dick, I need to swap the atf on the old Lexus, and bleed the brakes. Might as well drain power steering fluid at the same time. I don't know how subi you want your event to be, since a Toyolexus is not as cool as Subaru awd turbo powa

[CENTER][B][I] Front Limited Slip Racing Differentials for the 5EAT now available for $1895 shipped, please inquire for details! [/I][/B][/CENTER]

Since the race doesn't end at some ungodly hour on Saturday I may be able to stop by on my way back into town. Probably be closer to noon though.

It'll be good to have you around. Just stop on by whenever, it should be going still.

I'll bring some food, we can figure it out as it gets closer. Have all the brake stuff in my trunk at the moment.

Do you have any anti-squeal for the brake pads? Might want to go pick some up from Autozone if you dont. Always a good idea to put it on I say.

Updated the original post with more names and details.

Also a bump.

How about this: you can pay me, and I'll argue with everyone WHILE I work.

Why pay you when we'll get the work out of you for freeeeeeeeeeee..... And then we'll listen to you argue the advantages of a "custom" external wastegate ;) ROFL

Why pay you when we'll get the work out of you for freeeeeeeeeeee..... And then we'll listen to you argue the advantages of a "custom" external wastegate ;) ROFL

The advantage is obvious. The disadvantage was less obvious :spin:

[CENTER][B][I] Front Limited Slip Racing Differentials for the 5EAT now available for $1895 shipped, please inquire for details! [/I][/B][/CENTER]

It'll be good to have you around. Just stop on by whenever, it should be going still.

Do you have any anti-squeal for the brake pads? Might want to go pick some up from Autozone if you dont. Always a good idea to put it on I say.

Updated the original post with more names and details.

Also a bump.

Yeah I got some brake pad grease at autozone the other day, think that's the same stuff....Yeah I had a lot of squeal at times with my old brakes and would prefer it to not happen this time around...

Archived