LegacyGT.com

North-East OHIO 2.5GTs ? Sighting, GTGs, etc.

TSiWRX

hey guys.. just wanted to let you know I am still alive.. just been busy lately with work and trying to finish the semester. I hope you all are doing well. My car hasnt broke at all lately, so I am happy. I just wish I had some more money to buy some things I want.. but thats always the story.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

^ Ain't that the truth, bruddah! :lol:

Glad to hear all's well!

And everyone, happy holidays! :D

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

yea happy holidays to u guys too. i made it home w/ my panters tape bra. it was so funny. about 40 minutes out it started to rain and well i found strands of painters tape headed towards my intercooler. fortunately it held long enough for me to pull over and pull off the offending strands.

so yea b4 i left my oil was about 1/4 below the dip stick. it was left over night before checking. so i put in about 1/4 quart and checked and i got it to the F line. well, i drive and get home and let it sit overnight and check again and it is above the notch where it is supposed to be hot. just a lil bit. fun. dont think i am going to drain it. will just hope it burns i guess.

so my radiator hose after the trip completely collapsed in and pinched tightly shut. the one in the front of the engine that is the first hose u see. i started my car and once it warmed it expanded back out. when i went to ganley subaru they said "we will order u a new hose and radiator cap." uhh, i dont think that is going to fix the problem. i dunno. i dont want them touching my radiator hose.

here is one more question, in 5th gear if i got WOT i hear a tranny wine. not loud but a wine that i dont hear in any other gears. i think it was always there though. i notice that a manual is def louder than any auto i have ever owned.

hey when someone says 5EAT does it stand for 5 speed electronically controlled automatic transmission ?

reason being, i went into ganley and asked for tranny fluid for my 5spd manual. and he goes "hey look it is for 5eat." uhhh... the crap is red like regular tranny fluid that expands and has to be replaced. the diff fluid is clear like brake fluid.

yea happy holidays to u guys too. i made it home w/ my panters tape bra. it was so funny. about 40 minutes out it started to rain and well i found strands of painters tape headed towards my intercooler. fortunately it held long enough for me to pull over and pull off the offending strands.

Hey bro,

Sorry I didn't get to answer sooner - .com was doing some strange things with my home connection. :(

In any case, have you thought about using that spray-on stuff by Duplicolor? I think it would've likely washed-off in the rain, but if you were traveling on clear days, maybe it would be OK?

Not sure that it would offer as much protection as the painter's tape/masking tape, though.....

so yea b4 i left my oil was about 1/4 below the dip stick. it was left over night before checking. so i put in about 1/4 quart and checked and i got it to the F line. well, i drive and get home and let it sit overnight and check again and it is above the notch where it is supposed to be hot. just a lil bit. fun. dont think i am going to drain it. will just hope it burns i guess.

Strange....but then again, our LGTs are known to be somewhat strange when it comes to dipstick reads. :lol:

If it's just a little above the notch when it's fully warmed, I wouldn't worry about it too much. Certainly, that's not ideal, but it should't cause much - if any - trouble. If that's how it is, though, when cold, I'd do a check fully warmed, just to be sure that you're not way overfilled.

so my radiator hose after the trip completely collapsed in and pinched tightly shut. the one in the front of the engine that is the first hose u see. i started my car and once it warmed it expanded back out. when i went to ganley subaru they said "we will order u a new hose and radiator cap." uhh, i dont think that is going to fix the problem. i dunno. i dont want them touching my radiator hose.

WTF! :eek:

here is one more question, in 5th gear if i got WOT i hear a tranny wine. not loud but a wine that i dont hear in any other gears. i think it was always there though. i notice that a manual is def louder than any auto i have ever owned.

Is it truly tranny whine/gear whine, or are you just hearing the turbo kick-in? ;) I seem to remember that when my car was still stock, 5th gear, WOT, was the only time that I could actually hear the turbo.....

hey when someone says 5EAT does it stand for 5 speed electronically controlled automatic transmission ?

^ That should be the convention.

reason being, i went into ganley and asked for tranny fluid for my 5spd manual. and he goes "hey look it is for 5eat." uhhh... the crap is red like regular tranny fluid that expands and has to be replaced. the diff fluid is clear like brake fluid.

:confused:

This one's beyond me. I have no idea what the factory fluids look like.... I'll confess to *still* not having yet done the tranny/diff fluids change, yet, despite having had a T70 since the original GB :redface:, and despite always meaning to. I'll probably get around to it, finally, as a part of my 30K.

I do know, however, that the ATF used in our 5MTs, for various things, such as the power steering pump, is indeed "red" looking.

Sorry that I can't be of help on this last one. :redface:

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

i can hear the turbo scream in all gears when i wind it up. we should go for a drive some time. u will see what i am talkin about.

i never wanted to try that duplicolor. paint in a can cant really protect from impact imo. duct tape under painters tape can absorb impact and did it WONDERFULLY. i dont have a nick on her except the one center chrome piece i didnt cover. that got chipped to all hell.

about the oil, i put in a tube and siphoned about about a 1/2 beer bottle of oil and the level completely cold is still at the warm notch. i cant believe it over filled that much. the damn thing was 1/4" below the F line cold. go figure. what i did do though was i started the car for 10 seconds and went "o crap my oil" and shut it off and checked the level. that was before i left. that may have accounted for the lower level appearance.

We'll definitely meet-up sometime again. :) That's very strange with the gear noise...but then again, it's also been quite a while since Winky's been stock. :lol::redface:

And that's also really weird with your fill-level, too!

Man, you're just weird and strange all-over! ;)

You know my car, though - road-salt front bra FTW! :lol:

^ Totally! :D There used to be a blog/diary of an Audi S4, I believe, that was ENTIRELY covered in blue "painter's tape," making a long trek. That was a classic! :lol:

yea i saw that. i was half way there. half my hood was covered. it was great. my friends wrote things on it like "i like speeding tickets" and "lead foot" and "cant drive 55." I was just waiting for a ticket. I passed one cop and apparently he didnt mind. If you are going 75mph I dunno how many people can focus in and realize it is tape.

"Row, row, row your boat....."

Or -

"99999999999999 bottles of beer on the wall...."

Hope you have a good drive, bruddah. :)

^ Check with the LERSOC guys. I know a few of them are planning something.

Wish I were in on this one, but I know better than to tempt myself. :)

Hey guys. I am interested in doing some AutoX this spring/summer. I have been searching around for info and have found very little. Any of you guys involved in the Cleveland area autoX scene? If so, can you suggest some clubs/sites/people that I should contact for Info?

I also planning on doing a two day Racing/driving school at nelsons ledges this summer. My buddy did one with the BMW of America club last summer and said it was a blast. I think he said it was $300-400 with an instructor in the car with you. When i get info on that I'll post it for anyone interested.

Definitely hit-up LERSOC.

There's quite a few AutoXers on there. :)