LegacyGT.com

Adjustable Rear Camber Arms

Metal2You

I got the adjustable rear camber arms from 4BoxParts before he stopped making them a few years ago. I don't know if the bushing ripped or if they've always been too soft, but my alignment shop said they're too soft and I do notice a lot of "play" back there on autocross and track days.

I'm looking to stiffen up the rear end with new adjustable rear camber arms. Whiteline has some available in a kit that comes with toe arms as well. I believe these use "low compliance" bushings and they may be the only choice I have.

Does Perrin still make their adjustable rear camber arms for an '06 LGT? That is what my suspension shop recommended since they have the stiff heim joint. I think the part has been discontinued by Perrin though, and I've seen people around here say they're too stiff and make noise in the winter.

Are there any other adjustable camber arms available, or is Whiteline the only game in town?

The arm is too soft itself, or just the bushing? Perhaps look at replacing the bushings?

I've got the same 4BoxParts links, BNIB. Just haven't gotten around to installing them.

How long did you have yours on?

I just install my k2 v2with 00 casters up front. I also wanted to be able to adjust the rear for more camber. Whiteline had a pair fail, and not sure about the build on them. I was was on another thread and was looking at an old posting with the MSI one from Canada. They still make them for STI and WRX, but not legacy. I called them yesterday and happedned to have the owner answer, and we had a conversation. He said the he could make them again on a group buy with a 6 week turnaround, fully adjustable, Top of the line with a lifetime warranty. The challenged not cheap around a $1000 before, not sur how much cheaper a group buy would be. He did say another way to go was copy stock length and add a little then use spacer washers to create more degrees and that would drastically cut the cost down.

Here is a link to them

http://legacygt.com/reviews/showproduct.php?product=144&sort=2&cat=all&page=1

The arm is too soft itself, or just the bushing? Perhaps look at replacing the bushings?

I've got the same 4BoxParts links, BNIB. Just haven't gotten around to installing them.

How long did you have yours on?

The bushings are definitely the issue, not the bars themselves. I believe they've been on just about 2 years now.

I made the mistake of throwing away the stock ones, and I'm not sure how I would find a stiffer bushing that would fit properly.

Unless I find good replacement bushings, I'm thinking I'll get the Whiteline bars and see how they are. If they're still too soft I could get some Cusco rear braces to take some strain off the camber arm bushings, right?

http://www.rallitek.com/Cusco-Rear-Lower-Arm-Bar-Set/p-4303

I also wanted to be able to adjust the rear for more camber. Whiteline had a pair fail, and not sure about the build on them.

Kits, you had a set of Whiteline arms fail on you personally, or have there been reports of them failing that you've seen?

I was the one that had the Whiteline arms fail http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/failed-whiteline-kta124-lateral-links-148168.html?t=148168.

FWIW, and if you didn't read the above link, Whiteline came to the party and sent me a replacement set of arms - which have better welds (can tell just by looking at them) and different hardware (different size washers and different nuts).

I've never seen or heard of another set failing.

I also had the 4Box arms, which also had the bushes crack/tear - I sold them a fair while ago to some guy who said he was going to machine up some bushes or find some other poly bushes which would fit, no idea how he went with that.

If they're still too soft I could get some Cusco rear braces to take some strain off the camber arm bushings, right?

Not necessarily. The cusco braces will definitely stiffen the rear end under cornering forces and lower deflection, however, this will actually increase the lateral force placed on the bushings since the chassis is not absorbing some of the energy. The poly bushings in the WL arms should be pretty stiff though, and your best bet aside from using spherical joints.

• 3 weeks later...
Stock arms with the Whiteline KCA399. It's enough for me to run -2.5º of rear camber.
[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

Does anyone know a resource for the dimensions of the stock rear arm rubber bushings....? I'd like to get some universal bushings to fit in those spots if some can be found to fit. Probably going to have to take apart and measure.

http://www.energysuspension.com/universal-products/link-flange-type-bushings-universal-mounts-isolators.html

Archived