LegacyGT.com

recall on the alternator

i know that on the recalls they usually fix it free of charge but what do they do with the alternator recall do they just check it and replace the unit free of charge? i mean its a 13 year old car with 174k on it its bound to go bad sometime. i checked the subie website and according to it theres a recall for faulty brushes on my car. i was also reading somewhere on here and it said subarus had lifetime seatbelts or something and mine dont retract too well so i was looking to see if there was a recall for that too.

there is a lifetime warranty on the seat belts, the belts anyway. i don't know about the retracting part. call the dealer.

the alt recall gets you a reman-new alternator. but chances are good it has already been done. only the factory alts that came with the car are covered. you can register your car at http://www.subaru.com , click on ''my subaru'', and after it confirms you are the owner, it will tell you if you have any open recalls.

already registered for the site and it said that it was still open. gonna call the dealer tomorrow.

My white car is still open for the alt recall. I am just waiting until it fails to get a new one. No reason to get rid of a perfectly good one.

I was just on there as a matter of fact and im heading to Matt Slap Subaru tomorrow to get the recalls fixed. I'm getting the seatbelt replaced, and Altenator, Automatic Transmission Shift Lever, and Front Spring Guard recalls fixed.

Previous owner already got the master cylinder in cold condition, and axle shift grease leakage recalls fixed.

jus got off the phone with subaru the dealer informs me that the recall has expired they didnt know why, i called the subie headquarters and apparently it expired in 07 roughly 10 year span. to be able to claim it under the warranty it must be the alt from the factory due to age they have no way of telling if it is the original one or not. they told me what i need to do is get it diagnosed at the subie dealer that its an alt issue and submit it for reimbursement after they replaced it.

Archived