LegacyGT.com

Best shocks/dampers with Tein S-Tech!!

08LGT80

Hi everyone,

I just purchased Tein S-Tech springs from another member! I was told to replace the shock absorbers with the installation of the S-Techs. I was thinking of the Koni Sport shock absorbers. What are your opinions on this setup? Any other suggestions you may have is greatly appreciated! Thanks!

I have this...

http://www.tein.com/products/s_tech.html

Will it go well with this?......

http://www.tirerack.com/suspension/suspension.jsp?make=Koni&model=Sport+Cartridge&group=Sport&partNum=8610-1447SPORT&autoMake=Subaru&autoModel=Legacy+Sedan+2.5+GT+Limited&autoYear=2008&autoModClar=With+OE+Metal+Valve+Stems

A few people are running these springs with Bilstein HDs. Don't know how the Koni's compare. Just be prepared to cut or replace the front bump stops when using those springs, they drop the car alot and you lose too much travel for the bump stops that are already installed into these struts from the factory. The result is bottoming out a lot and the feeling of a harsher ride because of the frequency of it.
lol

A few people are running these springs with Bilstein HDs. Don't know how the Koni's compare. Just be prepared to cut or replace the front bump stops when using those springs, they drop the car alot and you lose too much travel for the bump stops that are already installed into these struts from the factory. The result is bottoming out a lot and the feeling of a harsher ride because of the frequency of it.

so i'm suppose to cut the bump stops on the Koni strut? what about the rear?

I don't know much about the Konis, but I assume that you'd have to do the same. Any time you reduce suspension travel with lowering springs, this will be a concern. It isn't recommended to cut rear bump stops. Maybe others with Konis can chime in.

Perhaps you could join our RCE bumpstop group buy (you can just replace the oem bumpstops with smaller ones)

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/organized-smart-buy-rce-bump-stops-155451.html

lol

Oh and FYI - I have H-techs. I will be replacing my front H-techs with S-techs (and of course replacing the bump stops) but I'll be leaving the H-techs in the rear. For me, this is preferred since the Bilstein struts have a different tophat design in the front and ride higher in the front.
lol

If you don't get stiffer aftermarket struts, you will wear out the stock struts quicker.

You don't NEED to cut the bump stops, but if you get an "agressive" spring like the S-techs, you will probably bottom out very often and it will feel like a rough ride.

lol

Archived