LegacyGT.com

WRX calipers W/ H6 brackets

Baddog

I went out today and bought H6 bracket. I got them came home and put them on the 04 WRX caliper (rears).

My only concern is I ordered WRX brake pads (special order) did I order the wrong pads?

Or do I need to get H6 pads? If yes where do I get the little metal brackets that sit on the outside of the pad?

I went out today and bought H6 bracket. I got them came home and put them on the 04 WRX caliper (rears).

My only concern is I ordered WRX brake pads (special order) did I order the wrong pads?

Or do I need to get H6 pads? If yes where do I get the little metal brackets that sit on the outside of the pad?

The calipers are still the WRX calipers? If so then you need WRX pads. The H6 bracket just moves the calipers out to accomodate a larger rotor. The pad "swept" area remains the same. I am assuming you have H6 rear rotors?

the pads are specific to the bracket, not the caliper. the H6 use the old style pad i believe. i think subaru switched the pads in 03 for all subies.

I actually converted my 02 WRX to the H6 set-up. I used the same pads that I had always used with the calipers. I realize that Subaru changed calipers (pads) in 03. I am not sure what you mean by "bracket specific" as you are not changing the calipers when you use the H6 kit.

what i mean is the pads are specific to the caliper bracket, not the caliper. the pads slide in the bracket, the caliper just bites down on them thats why you didn't change the caliper when you did the H6 upgrade. the earlier style pads, the tabs are bigger, where the new ones, the tabs on the pad are smaller. i don't think theres any difference in the calipers at all, unless you have 05+ LGT bigger brakes/calipers, and obviously brembos. the newer calipers (i think 06+) have "tokico" stamped on them, but i think they might be compatible still with the older cars.

Archived