LegacyGT.com

Rumor: Dateline NBC Report 06/25/04

What a bunch of crap if they do. Subaru is known for thier high safety ratings and then one thing happens before the majority of the cars leave the plant and they are going to air it on National TV. BULL$HIT ON THAT, IF THEY DO!

If I hear/see that they intend on knocking Subaru's quality and safety, they will either be getting a phone call from me or at bare minimum, a lengthly email with several references concerning the safety benchmarks they have now set and what level of safety they have met and exceeded. If indeed they want to knock that, that is a load of crap!

Maybe the Dateline story will commend Subaru for doing the right thing and addressing the problem immediately rather than sweeping it under the rug. I mean, what bad things can Dateline say? It's not like Subaru waited for a catastrophic injury before it acted.

I did read how Hyundai is having problems in some model with the air bag seat sensor. They can't fix the passenger seat air bag detection system. You can read the story here- [url]http://www.abcnews.go.com/sections/Business/US/hyundai_airbag_040623-1.html?CMP=OTC-RSSFeeds0312[/url] ...

[quote name='SC GT']Maybe the Dateline story will commend Subaru for doing the right thing and addressing the problem immediately rather than sweeping it under the rug. I mean, what bad things can Dateline say? It's not like Subaru waited for a catastrophic injury before it acted.[/quote] I sure hope that would be the case...but then again, a kindler, gentler form of reporting probably won't help them win the ratings game. If they are going to run a show, expect a Audi 5000-esque hack job with outlandish claims made to make the public run in fear from the '05 Legacy. Maybe that's good....they'll see me zooming down the highway and get the hell outta the left lane.... :D Jason

Yup - it's for real. Supposedly no fires have been reported - yet. From Autoweek: Recall won’t derail Ion Red Line A safety recall of all 46 Saturn Ion Red Lines already in customer hands won’t delay shipments of future cars, Saturn officials say.Saturn has already notified all the owners and is replacing leaky fuel lines on the supercharged 2.0-liter fours as customers bring them into dealerships. The fuel leaks onto the ground and not onto any hot engine parts, so no engine fires have been reported.

Archived