LegacyGT.com

Heater Semi-Works

So starting Yesterday my heater decided it was going to not work...

The car is warm and running I turn the heater on via my normal procedure and nothing but cold air, Normal amount of airflow but not warm. When I switch to cold airflow increases slightly but temp doesn't change.

I drove around for a while messing with it and eventually it came on hot. But it would go in and out When i would turn it off and back on it could work or not. When I start my car warm and turn o n the heater cold maybe after like 2 min of driving messing with it (on-off-on-off-on) it would start working.

Previous to this it worked fine.

I was thinking something along those lines, but when I looked it up there was someone who "asked a Subaru Technician" and said that, "that never ever happened," and that "it was most definitely a bubble in the system."

So I checked my water level and added about half a gallon between the radiator (bleeder screw open) and the overflow tank. I cant really tell if there's any change because the temperature went up from yesterday.

• I Donated

you need to bleed your cooling system. its likely not a clogged heater core because the problem would be constant if it was. it sounds like your problem comes and goes.

another possibility is the thermostat. have you ever replaced it? did you use an OEM thermostat from the Subaru dealer? aftermarket thermostats are known to have problems in Subarus.....ALWAYS use OEM thermostats

-broknindarkagain

My Current Project - Click Here

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

Archived