LegacyGT.com

iPhone4 cables?

BAC5.2

Ah, excellent. Thanks!
[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

Looks like electronics.com has both for $173 shipped.
[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

Big thumbs up on this setup. I've had the iSimple gateway ISSB5771 + ISBT21 in my '09 for a couple months now and it is wonderful. I also bought one of these [ame=http://www.amazon.com/Scosche-passPORT-Charging-Adapter-iPhone/dp/B001HN6CVA]Scosche passPort[/ame] modules and cut a hole in the coin holder in the center console (SE, no heated seat controllers in the console) glued it in there and the coin holder has become an integrated iPhone dock.

I was using a combination iPod touch on the dock and a WinMob phone paired via bluetooth which worked brilliantly, but have since consolidated to a single iPhone4. To be honest, I've been having some issues with the iPhone4 bouncing back and forth from Dock to A2DP. The latest firmware for the Gateway is supposed to fix it but it will require me to take the module out and reset it by draining a capacitor inside the unit. Not a big deal, it's just that I'm not looking forward to ripping the console apart again and diggin' the unit out from behind my stereo. My suggestion, find a way to mount the unit in the glovebox or someplace where you can easily remove it for firmware upgrades.

I actually seem to prefer to just use the A2DP interface to stream to the ISBT21 instead of the dock, however. It's sort of half-way between full iPod mode (which is very cumbersome) and Aux mode options you get through the cable. With A2DP mode (SAT2) you can pause (preset 2) and voice command (preset 4) the phone to play a playlist, artist, whatever. Plus, I don't always have to dock the phone, it can just sit in my pocket if needed.

• I Donated
I just discovered that, at least on the latest firmware, you can use the back/forward functionality on A2DP. You might have to switch DIP switches 2 and 3 to ON (keep 1 and 4 OFF), but not sure. You also have to be using the right audio player on Android (Winamp works, DoubleTwist doesn't). This changes my life! :lol:

Two quick questions on the PAC setup.

Can you answer the phone without pushing a button on the phone, and does BT work regardless of the audio setting (SAT, CD, AUX, or am/fm)?

And why did you need the scosche adapter?

What I really want to find is a 90° dock connector.

• I Donated
Can you answer the phone without pushing a button on the phone,

Yes, the 1 preset button answers the phone and hangs up. 2 rejects the call.

and does BT work regardless of the audio setting (SAT, CD, AUX, or am/fm)?

I do not think so. I think if a call comes in, you need to switch over to SAT.

Can you answer the phone without pushing a button on the phone, and does BT work regardless of the audio setting (SAT, CD, AUX, or am/fm)?

And why did you need the scosche adapter?

What I really want to find is a 90° dock connector.

- As said, yes, you can answer with preset 1 when a call comes in as long as you are on at least one of the SAT modes.

- The radio must stay in SAT mode for the BT connection to stay active. In my case there is no reason to ever take it off SAT mode, so always leave it on SAT2 now. Never need AM/FM and why settle for a single CD disk when the iPhone is connected.

- The reason for the Scosche adapter is that I wanted to turn my coin holder into a dock for the ipod/phone. and didn't want to glue the iSimple's cable into the tray. I searched for a true "pass through" iPod connector cable and this one did the trick. I did buy another cheap-o, supposed pass-through cable but it did not truly pass everything through, this Scosche did. Also, the iSimple's iPod cable has little locks which clip it into the iPhone when connected, you need to squeeze the sides to pull it out. I would not be able to unlock it if it were glued into the coin holder. The Scosche does not have the locks and slips on and off, just like an iPod dock. The iSimple cable is then just plugged into the female end of the Scosche adapter inside the console.

I have since unplugged the iSimple cable from my homemade dock and just plugged in an standard car charger into the underside of the dock. This way the phone charges when docked but streams audio to the iSimple via A2DP. Sound is good enough and happy with the results this say. I may eventually remove the iPod cable and replace it with the AUX cable that came with the iSimple for something. No idea what I would plug in at this point since I can get pretty much anything I want through the iPhone. HD Radio maybe? Don't need XM, have plenty of other options on the iPhone.

If I come off of SAT, does that kill the BT link? Will it have to re-pair when I go back to SAT?

If I come off of SAT, does that kill the BT link? Will it have to re-pair when I go back to SAT?

The stereo will disconnect from the phone, yes. But once you turn it back to SAT it will re-establish the connection. You will not need to re-pair it, meaning you don't have to go through the 'enter pin' process again, you only need to actually pair it the first time once. The unit will re-connect each time it is turned on.

Got it. I wonder if there is a bypass. Because if the stereo disconnects, I won't be able to push SAT, then preset 1 while the phone is ringing to answer it via BT.

My phone does not automatically reconnect all the time. I'd say it does about 2/3 of the time.

That's kind of a pain. Why do you think that is?

• I Donated
That's kind of a pain. Why do you think that is?

No idea. But it doesn't bother me too much, because it's just one button to reconnect on my phone when I'm in a call. I just answer the call on my phone, say "Just a sec," reconnect, and I'm rolling.

Archived