LegacyGT.com

If your havin trouble on decidin what exhaust to get..

Finally today i got my exhaust done and i couldnt be any happier.. I orded 2 Borla Pro Xs mufflers off of ebay which came to like 150$ with shippin and spent 350$ on piping.. I got 3" pipin from my DP then into 2 1/4 when it turns into the Y. With my UP and DP it sounds amazing.. Complete boxer sound.. Its not obnoxiously loud, its just perfect. Pictures to come and i dont know how to get sounds on the pc, so if any1 knows let me know. But if any1 is havin trouble on what to do and how to do there exhaust, trust me and go with custom and borla..;)

still trying to figure out why peopel aren't using wrx DPs when dooing custom exausts .. the cost diff is minimal ..an extra 4" of pipe

Because few clear the firewall. I think the only ones that does clear for sure are the Stromung and MadDad. I have a WRX Invidia, and it doesn't fit, and I'm pretty sure the Helix doesn't fit either. The TurboXS seems to only fit AT cars. Since the Perrin pipe is reasonably priced, not too many people want to chance buying something that won't fit.

The model was just a Pro Xs http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7951403062&category=33636&sspagename=WD1V ..

And no i dont have audio on my digital camera, but ill figure something out.. Pics probally to come tomarrow or next nice day. I did a dual quad kinda thing for it... It looks sick, like a M3 or something

that's what i wanted to do too, so did you get tips that split the muffler exit into two for the dual look?

the only thing i'm weary of is (1) having the piping/muffler hanging too low and (2) having the tips not set right in the cutouts

Because few clear the firewall. I think the only ones that does clear for sure are the Stromung and MadDad. I have a WRX Invidia, and it doesn't fit, and I'm pretty sure the Helix doesn't fit either. The TurboXS seems to only fit AT cars. Since the Perrin pipe is reasonably priced, not too many people want to chance buying something that won't fit.

i am starting to think this is an urban ledgend there is a ton of room on mine and i have a 4" dp?

see picture

http://www.legacygt.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=6912

Dude, it's not. The Invidia DP I have does not fit. I got it because someone here had one on their LGT. It doesn't fit my car. I was even willing to pound some clearance out of the firewall and I couldn't make the slightest dent in it. It really isn't about the diameter of the downpipe, so much as how quickly it starts to turn down after the turbo. Caveat emptor.

Archived