LegacyGT.com

DFW brake shop

robertsm99

I'm gonna need a new set of brakes soon I'm thinking and was wondering if anyone can recommend a good place not too expensive in the Dallas area. Preferably in the North Dallas area, live around Addison, but don't care too much. I got an '08 Shrek B if that makes a difference for any recommendations.

Thanks.

Or better yet, if I get the brake pads, anyone have a garage that knows how to do it and wants to show me or help out with it for a bunch of beer or something? It's been a long time since I've changed brake pads. Last time I did it was in high school on my plymouth reliant! LOL

Stop on over by my house in McKinney and we'll get em changed out in an hour. The brakes on the LGT are so simple "a caveman can do it". :lol:

Let me know when you wanna do it. I'm typically open on the weekends and love workin on the car.

If I pass you on the right, I'm flipping you off.

Stop on over by my house in McKinney and we'll get em changed out in an hour. The brakes on the LGT are so simple "a caveman can do it". :lol:

Let me know when you wanna do it. I'm typically open on the weekends and love workin on the car.

Sweet. Will be in touch probably gonna be a few weeks before I can and weekends work for me. Just need to figure out what pads to get now, any recommendations?

Was looking at:

http://www.tirerack.com/brakes/brakes.jsp?make=Hawk&model=Performance+Ceramic+Pads&group=Performance+Ceramic+Pads&autoMake=Subaru&autoModel=Legacy+Sedan+2.5+GT+Spec+B&autoYear=2008&autoModClar=With+OE+Metal+Valve+Stems

Sweet. Will be in touch probably gonna be a few weeks before I can and weekends work for me. Just need to figure out what pads to get now, any recommendations?

Was looking at:

http://www.tirerack.com/brakes/brakes.jsp?make=Hawk&model=Performance+Ceramic+Pads&group=Performance+Ceramic+Pads&autoMake=Subaru&autoModel=Legacy+Sedan+2.5+GT+Spec+B&autoYear=2008&autoModClar=With+OE+Metal+Valve+Stems

Sounds good to me. I'm in no rush.

I personally like my Hawk HPS, but thats completely personal preference. Some people like the HP+, others like the ceramics, etc. My experience was this: after doing a couple of hard 3rd gear pulls for logging my tune the stock pads would vibrate real bad and kick on the ABS. Once I switched out to the HPS that all went away. Pedal feel is still the same IMO, but the actual braking force was increased and I'm much happier with them.

I'd buy them from FBP rather than tirerack though, just personal pref again:

http://www.fredbeansparts.com/index.php/hawk-hps-subaru-legacy-gt-brake-pads.html

If I pass you on the right, I'm flipping you off.

Archived