LegacyGT.com

2.5i N/A SPT Intake for Legacy?

Anyone know if the SPT Intake for the 2.5i GT Legacy will fit/work for the 2.5i N/A cars? I found one on ebay and asked the seller and he said it would fit because my car is a Special Edition. (which makes no sense) I called my dealer and the parts guy said it wont fit but couldnt give me a reason on why it wont fit.

I'm not sure why the intake would only fit the turbo cars as its only and intake and doesnt have much to do with the turbo. Anyway just wonderingn if any one else had an explaination because there are not many intakes for the 2.5i Legacys.

BTW the ebay guy said he was a certified subaru parts dealer and he ensured the intake would fit.

Let me know your thoughts. Thanks.

Anyone know if the SPT Intake for the 2.5i GT Legacy will fit/work for the 2.5i N/A cars? I found one on ebay and asked the seller and he said it would fit because my car is a Special Edition. (which makes no sense) I called my dealer and the parts guy said it wont fit but couldnt give me a reason on why it wont fit.

I'm not sure why the intake would only fit the turbo cars as its only and intake and doesnt have much to do with the turbo. Anyway just wonderingn if any one else had an explaination because there are not many intakes for the 2.5i Legacys.

BTW the ebay guy said he was a certified subaru parts dealer and he ensured the intake would fit.

Let me know your thoughts. Thanks.

It can fit but it WON'T be optimal unless you get the MAFv rescaled not to mention your stock intake is more than sufficient for the Ej253. YOu should also note that Subaru stop making that intake b/c testes show that nothing is better for stock than STOCK so turbo guys don't runt that intake either.

He is trying to sell you something period I would pass and spend that money on a AVO or K&N panel filter :)

Thanks for the heads up. I already bought a k&n filter for my car so I'm gonna stick with that.

Any opinions/takes on the Eibach pro kit? I've heard its the best DD spring kit.

Yes the Eibachs are legit:)

Well there's a bunch of threads in the suspension forums with different peoples responses to the eibachs, but no I wouldnt say it made the ride any worse. If you're driving on bad roads through, than yea it will be bumpy, but everyday driving it fine.

Archived