LegacyGT.com

Sunroof Stuck!

Do you have the TSB info? I assume it covers all 5th gen Legacy?

Here's the link. First one is for 2011 and the second is for the 2010s. Just a brief description is listed but it gives enough info to ask more questions. Good luck

http://techinfo.subaru.com/search/index.html

Service Bulletin # 12-124-10

Bulletin Description:** If you encounter a customer complaint when opening the sunroof (the glass opens about one inch then stops, makes a squeak type sound and/or opens halfway then binds), the wedge cap may be out of alignment. If the wedge cap is too high on one side, it will cause the sunroof glass to bind, which will cock the glass. Refer to the service procedure to remedy the condition.

-----------------------------------

Service Bulletin # 12-118-10

Bulletin Description:* If you encounter a vehicle with a concern of the sunroof stopping mid-travel when opening, it may be caused by an improperly adjusted sunroof glass panel. To correct the condition, a washer will need to be added to properly adjust the sunroof glass panel.

theres also a earlier tsb about the back edge of the sunroof hole in the roof causing the sunroof to jam when it trys to retract downward before it moves back, I'll see if I can find it later. This concern seemed to be quite limited and only on the early cars, the TSB above is much more common

• 5 years later...
theres also a earlier tsb about the back edge of the sunroof hole in the roof causing the sunroof to jam when it tries to retract downward before it moves back, I'll see if I can find it later. This concern seemed to be quite limited and only on the early cars, the TSB above is much more common

Sorry to bring back an old thread, but my car was built about the middle of 2009, so it's one of the early cars. I have had a problem with the sunroof jam/bind on the back edge of the hole in the roof for awhile. It will move up to vent, but binds when lowering to open. Sil-Glyde does help, but only for a short time. I took it to the dealer about 6 months ago and they said it needed a whole new sunroof, and my extended warranty didn't cover it ($1600). He said they used to fix it with a TSB, but now they are instructed to replace the whole thing.

Do you remember anything about that TSB?

Archived