LegacyGT.com

So I have noticed today that when my car is idling, like at a stop light or just in park, the car tends to shake quite alot, not like pieces falling off shaking but it is fairly rough. I was just wondering if this is common or not, it is the 2.2 brington automatic. I dont know if it an affect of the cold either or not.

My auto does this at times too. Not sure why. Trans could be getting tired. Sometimes it vibrates normal then it gets kinda rough till you get moving again.

I am having my engine pulled sometime within the next month and am going to put in new engine mounts and a new transmission mount. I am hoping that is the issue but we will see.

i know the answer, but you won't believe me.

test: put it in ''N'' and it will stop shaking.

it's the after market axles. (the car didn't do this when it was new.)

the joints on the after market axles don't ''float'' as well / easily / freely as the subaru axles. so they tranmit the trans / engine vibration to the wheels and the rest of the car. replace your axles with subaru OEM (way too expensive to buy new) from a salvage yard and reboot them before you install them and your problem will be solved. subaru axles will last almost forever if the boots are kept greased and replaced promptly when torn and before they let the dirt in.

or buy reman axles from a GOOD re-builder that uses good quality parts. there are a few around.

the reality is that the boots, labor and mess of rebooting is the same or more than the cost of an after market replacement form the parts store which will have a life time warranty. so we all go for the cheaper, easier solution.

re-boot subaru, don't replace with cheap.

i said you wouldn't believe me.

Archived