LegacyGT.com

Rant...

So over the past few days I've been talking with a guy that told me he'd sell me his engine from his 2.2 Legacy with 150k miles for $100. It had a new oil pump and a new water pump...sounded like a good deal. We talked about how I could pull the engine there and how to get the car to the junk yard after that since he lives in a place with a HOA. I called around all of the places that may have an engine hoist and I was about to go up to Harbor Freight last night to buy one and the guy calls me and tells me he's giving the car to his friend instead. So now I have no backup engine.

The other day I was talking to a guy on RS25 about buying his suspension. It was from an 02 WRX with only 10k miles and it had RS springs and tophats on all four so it would have fit perfectly on my RS all for $175 shipped. That was an awesome price for me cause no one in my area has an RS. I get to the point where I PM'd him for his paypal and he told me he was going to keep them cause he just got a new Impreza...so now I dont have new suspension for my RS.

The about a month ago I was talking to a guy who was gonna sell me both window motors/regulators from his RS coupe to me for $40. I asked him if he could wait a day or two for me to get money and he said it's cool. I got my paycheck and I PM'd him for his paypal and he never got back with me.

Everyone else goes through this too, right? I mean I cant be the only one getting constantly screwed over at the last minute...

Not the only one it has happened to me quite a few times. Back when I had to funds to go turbo I found somethings I needed from a guy on Nasioc or maybe it was RS25 but he asked for my zip code so he could give me a price quote on shipping (which I wanted the item so I could care less the shipping cost)

He then replys and said he sold it. Pissed me off.

Then I wanted some Foglights for my L bumper had everything I needed he wanted $80 I PM'd him we chatted back and forth. I then asked for his paypal and he never said anything more.

Happens to the best of us.

• 4 weeks later...

I feel this is the appropriate section. I am getting tired of looking for a GT hood and every single one I find is over priced $250+. Too far away. OR if I find one on craigslist I call them and they have already sold it.

OR when a junkyard says they have it on their site. I call them and they don't. Pisses me off. Some people really need to start walking away from their jobs and giving it to people who can actually do them.

Not a first gen but I posted a while back that i wanted to buy a stock grill for an 05. Guy contacts me and we talk back and forth, agree on a price, i paypal him money and he ships it. It arrives at my door just shrinkwrapped, no other packaging. i open it and it is someones DIY project. Its rattle canned, pieces were loose and floating around in the packaging and the two tabs on the bottom rear are broken. I contact the seller and tell him i want some of my money back because this was not as described but i was willing to try and work with it as i was doing a DIY myself. We go back and forth and he basically tells me to F off and paypals me $10 to go buy superglue.

Also love that NO ONE in the world sells Outback/GT grilles that don't want an absurd amount for the damn things. Should've bought a Honda. Parts are EVERYWHERE for those busted ass pieces of shit.

I drove out to St. Pete last night to buy 2 spare rims with good tires on them for $60 and waited for over an hour at this guy's house for him to show up cause he told me he'd be there. Never showed. I left at 12:30. Took an hour to get home and almost fell asleep on the interstate.

• 2 weeks later...
I love this thread. I am trying to help a friend look for a car and everyone we find for a good price on CL is GONE. Come on morons remove your ads. Don't leave that shit up there.

Mine is still on there...just listed it two days ago. PM me and I will send you the link. don't want to spam here.

I bought an engine for $340 on Friday from a junk yard that said they compression tested the cylinders and ran it for a while with no smoking, knocking, rattling of any kind. They guaranteed that the crank was sitting straight and that the engine was running strong.

So I drove out there, checked out the top and sides of the engine and brought it all the way back home. Well Friday night I start pulling off the timing covers, water pump, front main seal...little parts that need to be changed out or out of the way. I flip the engine over on the stand and I see one of the cylinders has been pouring oil. I take off the bottom of the pan and it's full of aluminum. *sigh* How did they not notice that ring was bad? Anyway, I got my refund, but it still sucked.

I hate cops...

I went into some dirt offroad when no one was around...just driving straight in it too cause it's a bad habit and he was coming around the long corner and must have seen me pull back onto the road a little bit and he pulled me over and gave me a fine for careless driving. $165.

Archived