LegacyGT.com

Legacy to Forester Suspension

There's a guy that will sell me his Forester suspension from his 01 Forester with 150k miles - All 4 struts for $100 if I put my Legacy's struts onto the Forester.

He just needs something that will fit his Forester for when he takes it to the junk yard so it can still roll onto the flatbed. Will Legacy struts fit a Forester as a direct swap or will I have to change over the tophats for each one?

In short

Will my Legacy struts fit his Forester?

Has anyone put Forester struts on their Legacy?

Does it completely screw over the alignment?

I've heard with that big of a lift it's not possible

to get the alignment right again. Wears through

tires quickly.

Yup I've done it on a 92 wagon, I was able to get the front back in spec but with no way to adjust rear camber its a little out but havn't noticed any tire wear yet and it been like 9 months so far. If you got some adjustable camber bolts for the rear should be able to get it back, oh and we also put in the stock outback "lift blocks" which might be helping my situation.

Yup I've done it on a 92 wagon, I was able to get the front back in spec but with no way to adjust rear camber its a little out but havn't noticed any tire wear yet and it been like 9 months so far. If you got some adjustable camber bolts for the rear should be able to get it back, oh and we also put in the stock outback "lift blocks" which might be helping my situation.

Have you tried a camber bolt kit? I just swapped over 4th gen LGT struts to my first gen. The ride height is only about a quarter inch lower but ive got tons of negative camber so I've got to pick up a set of those. I hope it'll be enough though

Anybody know what is a good match for the rear struts of a first gen? something that will keep it near stock ride height and not throw off the allignment. I have been looking for a 3rd gen legacy sedan impreza of the same years. That's just a guess on my part though

Lift blocks? This things that fit between the coils on your springs?

How does it handle?

No, one of the ways subaru keeps the suspension geometry on the outback without having to compleatly change all the control arms and links is by adding little lift blocks at the front and rear crossmembers (trans crossmember maby??) Its deffinaltly got a lifted feeling to it but it doesn't wollow around or sway all that much, Still handles much better than my parents 86 Jeep cherokee, still very solid!

Anybody know what is a good match for the rear struts of a first gen? something that will keep it near stock ride height and not throw off the allignment. I have been looking for a 3rd gen legacy sedan impreza of the same years. That's just a guess on my part though

We're more talking about lifting a car here, BUT I have 04 STi struts in my 92 SS, ride hight is identicle and it handles much better now. I would try and keep the struts you put in your car all from the same chassis. IE if you put impreza struts in your car I would make sure there all from the same generation/model of car because of the valving, could get some weird handling out of it.

We're more talking about lifting a car here, BUT I have 04 STi struts in my 92 SS, ride hight is identicle and it handles much better now. I would try and keep the struts you put in your car all from the same chassis. IE if you put impreza struts in your car I would make sure there all from the same generation/model of car because of the valving, could get some weird handling out of it.

Couldnt be any worse/weird than the 4 blown struts I have on there

Archived