LegacyGT.com

MA e85 stations

Fossil2k2

What is taking the north east so damn long to get e85? Just because we don't grow corn doesn't mean we can't import the damn stuff!

Also, the only two places to get e85 in the Boston area are next to Logan, and in Chelsea, how convenient for the rest of us who don't live in East Boston. If you wanna get there, plan on taking the Callahan Tunnel or the Ted Williams, both of which have a nice high toll. :spin:

I know, been waiting for years now, my guess is there wont be any around other than those 2, for years....plus it's MA, and i'm sure somehow, someway those who will carry it will pay up the nose, this state would tax the air that I breathe if they could somehow control it and charge me double

I know, been waiting for years now, my guess is there wont be any around other than those 2, for years....plus it's MA, and i'm sure somehow, someway those who will carry it will pay up the nose, this state would tax the air that I breathe if they could somehow control it and charge me double

The stations have been open for a few years now.

"Massachusetts governor Deval Patrick signed legislation at the end of last month which will make Massachusetts the first state in the nation to exempt cellulosic ethanol from state gasoline taxes."

The article is several years old...

http://www.sustainablebusiness.com/index.cfm/go/news.display/id/16566

iirc all you need is a larger capacity fuel pump, 850cc injectors (at a minimum) and a tune. You also make a ton more power over 93 octane.

I'm planning on getting a fuel pump and injectors soon anyways, so it comes down to a another e-tune that will net another 20-30 hp/tq on e85

There's a Racing Mart in Northampton near where I live - I run E85 when it's above freezing. So worth getting tuned for it if you live near a station!

I needed 816cc injectors and a Walbro pump to run my VF52 with E85. Tuned by Tuning Alliance.

E85vehicles.com has a good locator.

I'm pissed that there aren't any stations near me. It would be one more reason for me to toss injectors and a pump into the car.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

It would be one more reason for me to toss injectors and a pump into the car.

That's exactly my dilemma. I recently upgraded to an EVO16g. I'm thinking of getting a fuel pump and injectors anyways to take full advantage of the EVO16g's top end. If I'm going to install injectors I might as well put some 850cc injectors so I'm able to run e85.

You can switch back and forth easy enough with a Cobb AP from an e85 tune to 93 octane tune why not, right?

Super easy to switch map overlays back and forth - no need to reflash base maps for E85. Definitely go with 816cc injectors or bigger - you never know if/when a station will open up nearby.

Western Mass leads the world in cellulosic (cheap) ethanol research - it's surprising there's so little ethanol around. I guess research and retail are two different things...

Archived