LegacyGT.com

intermittent heater issue

I just bought a 1991 Legacy for the family, everything looked good as far as looks go. The heater would work when it wanted, the guy said it was the control module but he had one that he hadn't installed yet. Cool. I figured out how to take it out and reinstall it but the problem remains the same. Anyone else have these symptoms? could it be a heater motor? I also have an exta ac/heat control now if anyone needs it.

as far as I can tell It all looks clean and the plugs/connectors are snug. the prongs were nice and shiny. I just found out this guy put gear oil in the transmission and vice versa so I'm starting to get worried about what I'll find next. EDIT:

Nevermind about the gearoil/ATF thing. I was confused. When I drained the transmission there was ATF not gear oil. Heat still doesnt work tho...

It moves smoothly and functions well when its on. What should I be watching for? It has been turning on and shutting off during driving after the car is at operating temp. lately, and I think it is the connections. When the unit is on I can hear I cind of clicking noise and it will draw power even though its not blowing. I bought a can of contact cleaner and I'm going to clean up the plugs and see what happens. Does this sound like a symptom of a blower motor on its way to the grave?

Man...my bracket doesnt move worth a crap. I used to be able to push it and now I wont even come forward at all :/ Sucks

Possibly. It may be full of leaves and crap. It's easy enough to get to and check out. You can always jump it off your battery to see if it works, but if you do this hold on tight.

Archived