LegacyGT.com

Stereo Specs?

SUBE_MN

Does anyone have information on actual specifications of the stereo system in the 2005 Legacy GT's? Subaru only says that it is a six speaker system attached to their own branded head unit, along with an in-dash six disc changer. I would like to know: 1) What is the power output? 2) What are the speaker sizes? 3) Can the speakers be easily swapped for something better? I would prefer to keep the head unit because of the integrated look with the dash, but I would like to upgrade the sound of the system. I think new speakers would be first, and an amplifier could be added later, if necessary. Have any of you who already have the car done any stereo upgrades?

The brand is Panasonic, and it's a 120-watt system, according to the brochure. Don't know what speaker sizes are, but traditionally, Subarus aren't as easy to swap out as other marques. But people were swapping out WRX speakers willy-nilly, so it can be done. Kevin

I have heard that the LL Bean version has the option of a MacIntosh stereo. Is this correct? If it is, could the stereo's be swapped out? I to am dissapointed in the sound of the stock system. Haven't asked any of the dealers about this.

In the Outback brochure, the Outback 3.0R VDC Limited Wagon has a 7-speaker premium audio system with subwoofer and 6-disc in-dash CD player and MP3 player. It looks EXACTLY like the other cd players, except this obviously has MP3 functionality. I wonder if it's swappable...
-ben

[quote name='axis008']In the Outback brochure, the Outback 3.0R VDC Limited Wagon has a 7-speaker premium audio system with subwoofer and 6-disc in-dash CD player and MP3 player. It looks EXACTLY like the other cd players, except this obviously has MP3 functionality. I wonder if it's swappable...[/quote] [url]http://www.legacysti.com/viewtopic.php?t=615[/url]

Archived