LegacyGT.com

94 twin turbo with blow offs not firing when starting

nah dont reckon dump her... hehehe i suspect the cam sensor has gone or something like that - been reading round and a few people have the same problem - been good this forum thingee - getting diagnostic run next week on her costing $70 which i think is money well spent! then i can go from there... any subi mechanics in napier that want a project???? get at me! hahahaha subi parked up and driving my other car !ford!....

My 1st question to you is - Is your "check engine" light on? If your car is spitting out codes then this is where you need to check first. When a car stalls right after starting, there could be several different things that would cause this. Here are a few know problems:

- Fuel system (Pump, filter)

- Ignition (plugs, wires, coil pack/distributer)

- MAP sensors (disconnected or torn hose to different sensors)

- MAF sensor (mass air flow sensor connected between filter & throttle body)

- Faulty O2 sensors

My wife's balls are delicious.

where do you find these codes? is there a panel somewhere where i could look for myself????? yes the check engine light is on now! wasnt before i have had trouble starting it - if i could check without assistance from subaru that would be great!

I'm not sure with the '94 models, but there might be a service plug below the steering wheel. Search under your driverside and see if you have an OBD port, it's a rectangular port about 1" wide and 3" long. If you do, which I'm sure you do, then you'll need to hook up an OBDII scanner and pull the codes. Most auto part stores will carry OBDII, but make sure the scanner will read your model year because some will not read earlier model cars.

If your able to pull the codes, then at least you'll be pointed in the right direction to trouble shoot your problems.

Good luck.

Here you go...

To pull active codes on an OBD1 Impreza just connect the two BLACK dangling connectors underneath your steering column. Don't mess with the GREEN ones for retrieving active codes. Turn key to on position and watch the CEL. It will flash the codes in a series of slow and fast flashes. The slow flashes are the first digit and the fast flashes are for the second digit.

Code 11 Crank angle sensor fault

Code 12 Starter switch fault

Code 13 TDC sensor fault

Code 14 Injector no.1 fault

Code 15 Injector no.2 fault

Code 16 Injector no.3 fault

Code 21 Coolant temperature sensor fault

Code 23 Pressure sensor fault

Code 24 ISC solenoid valve fault

Code 26 Air temperature sensor fault

Code 32 Oxygen sensor fault

Code 33 Vehicle speed sensor fault

Code 35 Purge control solenoid fault

Code 36 Ignition circuit fault

Code 41 Air/fuel ratio control system fault

Code 42 Idle switch fault

Code 43 Throttle switch fault

Code 45 Atmospheric pressure sensor fault

Code 52 Clutch switch circuit fault

Code 62 Electric load signal fault

Code 63 Blower fan switch fault

Code 65 Vacuum pressure sensor fault

94=OBDI. You will need to find someone with a subaru OBDI scanner. Or there is a method to read them by plugging in the diagnostic connectors below the dash and counting the flashes from the CEL.

Thank you for the correction, wasn't sure if that MY could take the OBDII or not.

HI GUYS! AS THIS MAY SEEM LIKE A STUPID QUESTION AGAIN! WHAT THE HELL AM I LOOKING FOR???? WHICH WIRES AM I CONNECTING???? THEY ARE ALL PACKED IN THERE SNUGGLY AND I HAVE NO IDEAS WHICH ONES I AM CONNECTING???? HELP HELP! will await a dummys guide to finding it as i am jus getting into this stuff...

ok found the connections on my own hahahaha the only light that is flash that i can see is the check engine light and thats on the dash? where am i looking pals????

if it is the check engine light - the check engine light is flashing constant - not slow and not fast!

CEL = check engine light.

Step 1 - connect the 2 connectors under your dash

Step 2 - inset key into the ignition and turn the key to the on position. DO NOT TURN THE CAR ON. Just turn the key far enough forward so that the electronics are on.

Step 3 - count how many times the check engine light is flashing.

Step 4 - report findings here.

CEL = check engine light.

Step 1 - connect the 2 connectors under your dash

Step 2 - inset key into the ignition and turn the key to the on position. DO NOT TURN THE CAR ON. Just turn the key far enough forward so that the electronics are on.

Step 3 - count how many times the check engine light is flashing.

Step 4 - report findings here.

Just to add to #3, there will be a first set of blinks, then a 1 second pause, then a second set of blinks. This will repeat several times. For example....

blink..blink..blink..blink..........blink........ repeat

This is code 41

Hope this helps.

hi there! have tried to get codes but CEL is jus constant flashing! flash....flash....flash....flash....flash.... and so on for the 2-3 mins i sat there and watched HELP!!!! wat am i doin wrong???? please advise!

(no pauses or faster or slower flashes)

Something is either not connected right or the process of turning the key to "ON" position after connection is made to the service coupler.

Might be best to invest in an OBDI scan tool, it's a lot easier.

thanx for the fast response! have got a mate cleaning the cam sensor now and if she dosent fire im getting a diagnostic run on her so we can find out whats wrong with her! than i will get back to yah with next steps... by the way was effected by the earthquake! no work down there hahahahaha other wise am well! hope you and your family etc werent effected... get back to yah with resluts... anything else we can check aswell that we havent already covered?

ok got guy ta run codes - has no codes stored, NEED A NEW FUEL PUMP! yay found out whats wrong hopefully - has no pressure so goin to read up on it and see how i go - have read a how to and sounds easy enough - any great tips or walk throughs on that would be greatly appreiciated....

Archived