LegacyGT.com

HELP Turning Noise When Cold Only(Front End)

lee07

So When it's cold outside my car would click when turning, even the slightest turn it would click like trying to turn left or right to another street. Whenever I Go the a parking lot to see if its the axles it wouldn't click or make any noise in any direction or speed. So I'm not sure if its the axles since it's not torn and wouldn't click when doing circles in the parking lot. Everything up front it nice and tight and is not dirt or salt because I washed it many times already. The clicking noise doesn't click when warm out like 30 degrees. Should I just ingore it or try to find out what it is? I took it to several shops and they all don't know what it is either. Any suggestions on what it might be or is it just noise's our cars make when cold outside?

It's been at and below 0 degrees. The noise still clicks no matter how long I drive it if it's near 0 degrees. If it is above like 25 degrees it doesn't click or make any noise at all. I think it may be the grease in the axle but I'm not sure!

Now how about a bad front wheel bearing? A few months ago the Dealership did say the front bearings were bad but I just thought they were lying because it doesn't hum or roar at all! So can the clicking when turning be a bad wheel bearing?

• 2 weeks later...
So, I replaced the front axle with a new one and the noise is still there. Now only when it's cold out it and when trying to cross a intersection turning left or right going over 10mph will click rapidly in 1st and sometimes through 2nd gear. Now if it's a little warmer out, it doesn't make any noise at all. Would this and is this a bad wheel bearing? There is a roar or hum coming from the back but noise's can travel! There is no noise or sound coming from the front that I can hear other then the back humming/roaring a little even though I just replaced both rear bearings under warranty not long ago. So the numerous clicking, can it be a front wheel bearing going bad? Midas today said it was valve train noise but I don't think so! The car will track left and/or right if you don't hold the wheel for a little bit!

Archived