LegacyGT.com

Question about rear wiper fluid function on stalk

Okay - clearly I had no idea how to word the subject

So on the stalk, with the rear wiper in the "off" position, you can move it forward to the "on" position and then one more to the "give me some fluid" position. That makes sense to me because if you are using wiper fluid you are going to be using your wiper also.

My question is, what's the purpose/function of having the ability to move the dial from the "off" position backwards to yet another "give me some fluid" position? At the point you just disperse fluid onto your window and have the dial move back into the "off" position.

Does this even make any sense? :spin:

Mine works like this: One position "forward" gives you intermittent wiper, two positions moves the wiper to on, and a third position gets you fluid for as long as you hold it, upon release it defaults to position two and the wiper stays on. One move "backwards" gets you fluid and a wiper as long as you hold it, with default return to off.

Usually if it's raining lightly I'll put the switch one click forward to intermittent. If I notice there's some dirt and no rain, I'll give it a quick wash by going backward for 5 seconds or so.

Interesting. On my legacy one move "backwards" gets me fluid and no wiper movement at all. No matter how long I hold it.

I can hold it in that backwards position forever and it'll just squirt fluid continuously and nothing else

(holy double entendre)

Mine "backwards" hits the wiper too.

Sounds like yours is broken.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

Archived