LegacyGT.com

Legacy 2.5 Premium or LGT

Wicked1

Thinking of getting a Legacy this time around at the end of my 09 Forester Lease, however I am on the fence about getting Legacy Premium with some options as not to have the Turbo model save $ and not worry about the cost of fuel, or go with a Legacy Turbo GT 2011. Looking at pros and cons, also thinking of Legacy OB Premium, but I want the 6spd man.

Or should I just get an 08 or 09 LGT used, but I still want the manual tranny, I don't care about Navi, just do not want something beat up or high miles.

07's got the 6-speed too, I think.
[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

I beleive all 5th Gen MT are 6pd also.... Therefore if you want 6MT you'll need '10+ or '08-'09 Spec B. If 6 gears aren't so important, the rest are 5 spd.

As for the original question..... how much do you want the power? Honestly that's the only difference. Handling is improved (moreso with a SpecB), but that can easily be upgraded with some bolt-ons. As for power, you'll never get the power out of a N/A that you can out of a Turbo, especially stock.

I suggest you go out and drive a few of each and really get a feel for the difference.

Just remember you are asking a bunch of enthusiasts whether you should choose a performance model over the base model..... what do you expect us to say :lol:

...all spec b's have the 6 speed.

except 2006. OP as was stated you need to do some TEST DRIVES then post the thread with results, feelings and questions. We need you to do a little more physical research to really guide you - otherwise yeah, its just a bunch of enthusiasts saying...

DUH, IF GIVEN THE CHOICE BETWEEN N/a and TURBO always pick TURBO!:lol:

Thinking of getting a Legacy this time around at the end of my 09 Forester Lease, however I am on the fence about getting Legacy Premium with some options as not to have the Turbo model save $ and not worry about the cost of fuel, or go with a Legacy Turbo GT 2011. Looking at pros and cons, also thinking of Legacy OB Premium, but I want the 6spd man.

Or should I just get an 08 or 09 LGT used, but I still want the manual tranny, I don't care about Navi, just do not want something beat up or high miles.

Here's what my wife and I are doing. We are buying a 11 2.5i premium in a manual and getting a upholstery shop to add the leather for $995.

Still much cheaper than the LGT and surprisingly good pick up with the manual.

Here's what my wife and I are doing. We are buying a 11 2.5i premium in a manual and getting a upholstery shop to add the leather for $995.

Still much cheaper than the LGT and surprisingly good pick up with the manual.

When you get it done, let's see how the aftermarket leather looks.

2011 Volvo S60T6 & 2013 Volvo XC60T6 Polestar

I will. It's a well established shop, been around for over 30 years and the leather kits they use come with a 3year/36k miles warranty, so as good as Subies.

Can you not get Leather in a 2.5i Premium MT package??

Sometimes Subaru amazes me with the limitations on options, when they have the stuff already available (i.e. interior colors, navigation on MT)

Automobile Manufacturer's assume M/T= cheap person:rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

Just picked it up after having the leather installed at Adler & Mandel in Rockville,MD. Very happy with it and diffinately would do it again.

Are there small things I would have liked from the GT- yes, but this car was 22,600 after the leather, so those few nice to haves weren't worth another 7-8k plus lower MPG and premium fuel to us.

While the CVT was ok, I think many would be surprised by the pick up the 2.5 has when match with the 6sp.

I'll get pictures this weekend during the day.

^ I actually passed on a WRX when I bought my '05 Impreza because of insurance cost. Also when I test drove, I was dissapointed in the lack of low end from the 2.0 WRX and pleasantly surprise with the pickup from the 2.5RS. The 5 spd MT def made a difference.

Interested to see pics

Archived