LegacyGT.com

How is the Quartz Silver Metallic in person?

xlur8ed

I have looked for a long time for a Legacy SE, and have found a great deal on an 09' with low miles in Quartz Silver Metallic. I have gone through every single page on the color specific thread, and I guess it has me feeling a bit perplexed... Does it have a great exuberance? Some of the pictures make it look like primer. I really wanted the darker Diamond Grey color, but I simply cannot find the right fit. My local dealership doesn't have anything in stock and haven't had a QSM in their lot for a month or so (before I started looking). So, how does it look in person? I understand everyone that has it will say it looks great, but really TRULY does it?

I also am going to be in need of the OEM factory spoiler (and will begin searching on here for an avenue), however if someone has one for sale in QSM, or knows a place to get it for a better-than-dealer pricing (aftermarket), with GOOD quality paint and match, post it up!

Thanks!

The best method for getting a spoiler is a trunk swap. Most people around here seem to prefer without the spoiler and will trade a trunk for it. The factory spoiler requires drilling holes in the trunk so its not a trivial install. You should also look into trunk lips as an alternative to the factory spoiler.

The Quarts Silver is actually a very nice silver. I personally don't like silver, but this looks very classy, and fits the Legacy very well. I have the Diamond Gray myself, but after seeing QSM, I wouldn't mind getting one.

+1, swap trunks w/ someone. People will fight over your wingless trunk :)

Thanks for the replies guys. I have always been a 2.5RS coupe guy until this purchase: http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/suby-lover-moving-into-newer-legacy-line-155011.html?p=3263596#post3263596 I guess I have grown to like the spoilers.... I think Legacy's look a bit more sporty with the spoiler. I am located in Fargo, ND and travel to Minneapolis monthly. If someone wants to swap, I am allll about it. I manage a speed shop in town, so installing the spoiler isn't much of a task, but paying $300+ just isn't in the cards for the oem option. We deal with a few aftermarket companies for spoilers (that I trust to color match), however for some reason, none of them have the 05-09 Legacy option.

Thanks for the reply on the color!

Archived