LegacyGT.com

07 Phase II EJ25 in 97 outback?

well now im caught between a rock and a hard place. I can get a 2007 Ej25 SOHC in a straight trade for some electronics of mine. The story on the 07 is, the guy had oil changed every 3500 miles, well the shop that changed the oil didnt put enough oil back into the motor and so on the way to work one day the motor started pecking, the guy said it sounded more like a lifter, so he stopped and had the car towed to a subaru shop. The shop told him it was a knock and tricked him into buying a used motor from them. They installed the new motor, and then told him that when they added oil to the old motor, the noise went away. They tried to get him to give the motor to the shop but he kept it a guy was supposed to buy it from him but never showed up. Now this motor can be mine. Its from an 07 legacy, has around 80k miles on it.

-What do you think?

-I know the 07 is MAP and my outback depends on MAF, so couldnt i use the intake manifold from my 97 ej25 on the 07 ej25?

-And have the crank and cam sensors changed between the year 97 and 07? or will the 07 crank and cam sensors plug into my 97s wiring harness?

-If not can i use the crank and cam sensors from my 97 outback in the 07 block?

-Will the phase II fit in the outback body?

I'm most likely going to go through with the trade cause i could part out the motor and get my money back.

• 7 months later...
I'm actually kinda pissed no one replied, I'm thinking of doing a swap, involving a phase 2 intake manifold and my phase 1 ej25d (97) dual cam block. I need to figure out if it's possible. I understand it's a MAP, and that's part of the reason I want to do the swap, I believe my MAF is bad.

I'm actually kinda pissed no one replied, I'm thinking of doing a swap, involving a phase 2 intake manifold and my phase 1 ej25d (97) dual cam block. I need to figure out if it's possible. I understand it's a MAP, and that's part of the reason I want to do the swap, I believe my MAF is bad.

We didnt reply b/c there is a thread with this topic from start to finish. The phase 1 and Phase 2 EJ25D IM's can be swapped and a EJ25 will fit.

Archived