LegacyGT.com

It's COLD. How is your car doing?

my 09's battery had been on its last legs since i got my car. the stealership kept on telling me it was fine. if i let the car sit for more then 3 days it wouldnt start. I gave in and picked up a kirkland signature for less then $75 canukisani peso's. old oem battery was 440 cca. new one is 750 cca. also came with a 3 year free replacement, and 100 month overall warranty. have not had any issues since.

I thought you guys may find this interesting... It is right from Consumer Reports..

Gotta love consumer reports... They don't test the diehard platinum or the interstate megatron, two of the best batteries. Then they give you a scale that doesn't mean a whole lot with no test methodology. "ohh. I like the color of this one better, Bob! They all started our prius in our 'cold' 40degree 'test' facility so let's go with color!"

Incase you didn't pick up, I'm not a

Big fan on consumer reports.

Current: 16 Crosstrek Premium w/ Eyesight & 05 Outback XT 5MT

Past Subies: 14 FXT Premium, 14 WRX hatch, 06 Legacy 2.5i SE 5MT, 98 Outback wagon

I put a Everstart Maxx from Walmart in mine 2 years ago. Starts fine. Well except for the starter issue. But that's being replaced this week. My car has always sat outside, no garage...yet.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Interstate batteries is an american company. So i use their batteries. They last long time, never had an issue. Fair priced too.

They also happen to make one of the best non-gel batteries you can buy.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

Hahahahaha. I would never buy anything else but my Duralast God battery. -35 this am and starts right up on stage 2 tune and no block heater!!!!!!!!!!

I second the duralast gold. I've had great experience with them. Bought a 1000cca one for my jeep couple years back, if it was manual I bet I could have put it in gear and cranked it all the way to work. :spin:

Mines not doing to well, the other morning when it started up it was making some bruital sounds while i was brushing the snow off. When i got inside the oil and cel were on :eek:. Shut it down, checked the fluids, everything looked ok but i towed it to subaru just incase and i got the news that the shortblocks done. I was 2500km from my next oilchange and i've been babying the car all winter. I have no choice but to blame canadian winters. It was minus 31C with the windchill tho (-23.8F) and had been cold like that for a few days.
05 LGT Wagon STI powered

It was 16 degrees here this morning and the only strange thing I have found it that when it is really cold out I loose all the presets on the radio:confused:. Makes no sense to me. This happened last week when it dropped below 20.

Gotta love consumer reports... They don't test the diehard platinum or the interstate megatron, two of the best batteries. Then they give you a scale that doesn't mean a whole lot with no test methodology. "ohh. I like the color of this one better, Bob! They all started our prius in our 'cold' 40degree 'test' facility so let's go with color!"

Incase you didn't pick up, I'm not a

Big fan on consumer reports.

Who told you that the diehard platinum or the interstate megatron were two of the best batteries? personal experience?

And i think they did test the interstate

my battery in my 08 LGT is still OEM we have had some cold ass days here in CT some 1-6 degrees but mine has always started right up.

I will keep this thread in mind when I need a battery some good info, thanks guys !!

I was 0.

And I'm still a zero.

:lol:

Archived