LegacyGT.com

Below zero weather and cutting out

This morning I took the kids to school and it was about 12 below zero this morning. The car started fine and warmed up fine but as soon as I started driving it would cut out like the fuel was being cut off. It got worse and worse as it was getting warmer. On accident I found that by opening one of the windows would make it stop and it would run fine, as soon as I would put the window up it would cut out. Eventually it cleared up and ran fine the rest of the morning. I wonder if the IAC would have anything to do with this, but how would the window being up or down change anything???? :confused:

• I Donated

Kind of weird....

Was your engine at normal operating temp while you were moving? Mine has a tendancy to bogg down and run VERY cool when I'm moving.

As well....I would like to ask you WHY are you rolling down your windows when its -12 degrees outside? lol

-broknindarkagain

My Current Project - Click Here

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

Did the same thing this morning but it didn't matter if the windows were up or down. I thought that was kind of weird! I cracked the window at -12 because I was hauling 2 boys to school and when you get 3 males in the same car, somebody is going to fart! LOL! And my boys are well practiced at stinking up a car!

I think it may be the IAC valve. When it gets warmed up I think it isn't as sticky and everything works better. If I plug the car in at night it is WAY better on the cold mornings.

Archived