LegacyGT.com

Aftermarket Rear LSDs

Saul_Good

I remember the topic was brought up but I don't think there was a thread on it. Just like the FLSD discussion that Whitetiger started, I'd like to have a similar topic on relating to aftermarket rear LSDs.

Who's done them how do you like it? Who's done both front and rear LSDs what are your impressions?

What are the available rear LSDs that will "bolt-in" w/o modifying anything in the pumpkin? Cusco RS, Kaaz, etc?

If anything I'd love to hear opinions from people who autox or track (roadcourse) their car frequently.

Thanks!

Haven't looked into rear lsd's yet, hoping to save money and use my stock one for a while, tho a helical rear would be sweet to match the front.

I do know a Forrester XT up here that put in a quaife front & rear, says he loves it. I could ask him which brands he went with and why.

The brand doesn't matter as much as the type of diff you want to run. A local guy here has 3 LSD's in his Impreza wagon. I think the front is helical, with the rear being a 1.5-way

I think you'll still have to swap ring and pinion gears to the new diff, since all the ones I find are for WRX's

• 1 month later...

Bumping this since I've been giving the rear diff some thought. Not sure how long the stocker R160 will last at 330+ whp.

I'm having a hard time finding aftermarket helical LSDs for 4.11 ratio. Is the other option to swap the ring and pinion from a stock LGT diff into a WRX aftermarket LSD?

subscribed..

planning on picking up a strait cut synchro box (5 speed) from Rallispec very soon, but have yet to consult with them. And the rear diff is definitely a topic on the top of my list of questions. The front as well, but i believe I'll just be going with an sti helical LSD, rather than aftermarket.

But if I'm to understand it correctly for the rear, we CAN use any wrx rear LSD providing we swap in the ring and pinion from our R160? Whats the nature of the modifications required to fit an aftermarket rear LSD into the R160 housing?

Just trying to gather some info to reference from before calling up Rallispec and looking like an idiot:redface:

thanks guys,

-Jake

subscribed..

planning on picking up a strait cut synchro box (5 speed) from Rallispec very soon, but have yet to consult with them. And the rear diff is definitely a topic on the top of my list of questions. The front as well, but i believe I'll just be going with an sti helical LSD, rather than aftermarket.

But if I'm to understand it correctly for the rear, we CAN use any wrx rear LSD providing we swap in the ring and pinion from our R160? Whats the nature of the modifications required to fit an aftermarket rear LSD into the R160 housing?

Just trying to gather some info to reference from before calling up Rallispec and looking like an idiot:redface:

thanks guys,

-Jake

Yes

[CENTER][B][I] Front Limited Slip Racing Differentials for the 5EAT now available for $1895 shipped, please inquire for details! [/I][/B][/CENTER]

how about the modifications to the r160 housing that are mentioned on rallispec's site?

NOTE: R160 rear LSD case requires modification when fitting with 3.545 and sometimes 3.700 and 3.900 final drives.

Is the "modification" they're referring to swapping the ring and pinion?

how about the modifications to the r160 housing that are mentioned on rallispec's site?

Is the "modification" they're referring to swapping the ring and pinion?

Whatever it is, you can probably figure it out and solve it with a grinder.

[CENTER][B][I] Front Limited Slip Racing Differentials for the 5EAT now available for $1895 shipped, please inquire for details! [/I][/B][/CENTER]

Archived