LegacyGT.com

quick parking ticket question...

SpecBGuy

i parked in a red zone while my sister was going to ATM (i know its my fault) but the ticket bitch didnt even get out her car and just wrote my plate number down as i was driving away when i saw her. so can that biatch give me a ticket with out getting out of the car and writing down my plate number on a piece of paper ( my sister saw her writing it down on a paper) with other cars that were parked on a red?

or how the hell do i google this question?

thanks

What is the question? How to get out of a parking ticket? If yes, you can try make up a good excuse and writing a letter to whatever court or station regarding the ticket. If the ticket cost more than $300 bucks, then I would use ticketkick.com to help you get out of it.

Good luck man.

Have you heard from the municipality that a ticket has been issued? If not, I wouldn't worry about it. And what's to say that she(he) wasn't writing down the license of others that you mentioned were parked there? If you do hear about it, I'd fight it on the grounds that you were not parked, but picking up. GL and keep us informed.
- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

What is the question? How to get out of a parking ticket? If yes, you can try make up a good excuse and writing a letter to whatever court or station regarding the ticket. If the ticket cost more than $300 bucks, then I would use ticketkick.com to help you get out of it.

Good luck man.

no im not trying to get out of the ticket. my thing is can the ticket person gave me a ticket without getting out of their car or/and writing my plate number down on a piece of paper while i drove away.

im going to try to fight it to see if they can do that or not. the ticket is $88 which is f'n high

• 3 weeks later...

You were parked in a red zone. It does not matter if you were in the car. You were there long enough for your sister to go to the ATM you were parked/stopped. The ticket bitch may be hadicapped, fat, lazy or any other sort of thing and does not have to get out of the car to punch numbers into her machine; she only needs to get out to put the tickets on the cars.

Driving away does not mean you did not get a ticket and "no reciept of ticket" does not mean you did not get a ticket; they dont care if it rained, was lost or blowed itself away. Get it bro, in LA its a INCOME GENERATING DEVICE and they don't care if you were even remotely a little bit right. If you were at all remotely wrong, your wrong and your gonna pay.

Hopefully you did not get one but if you did, just pay it and learn the lesson: They are OUT TO GET YOU!

Emmm... I can't speak for CA, but in MA and NY you can get a ticket anyhow, any way. They do NOT have to issue the ticket, it will come in the mail. They do NOT legally have to tell you to move before they write the ticket. You CAN be in the car with the car running, and STILL be guilty for stopping etc in a parking infraction.

So long story short.... you illegally parked, you must pay the ticket. So.. unless CA laws are somehow different (which I would assume not). Then you're guilty for it without any chance of fighting. Of course it's still free for an appeal here, so you can always appeal it and "hope" you get out of it.. otherwise you're going to have to pay it.

yeah i just paid for it since i did park in the red zone i didnt want to go thru the hassle of taking pictures or writing a report on it. i just think its stupid how they can just sit there and write down every plate number that was parked on the red. i hate their lazy asses. well i gave some money to the city so hopefully we will get one or half of a pot hole covered on the streets haha

wait your complaining about a parking enforcement person being lazy and you parked/stopped in a red zone so your sister can goto an ATM?

why didn't you just stop where there wasn't a red zone or were you "too lazy" to go further away to park? since i'm sure you can just stop behind some parked cars and she might not of ticketed you.

Nice! I think what she did was a much safer approach. It's not a meter maids duty to confront those idiots that violate the law! It's also not their responsibility to argue your guilt or inocense, that is to be done later at the county office.

wait your complaining about a parking enforcement person being lazy and you parked/stopped in a red zone so your sister can goto an ATM?

why didn't you just stop where there wasn't a red zone or were you "too lazy" to go further away to park? since i'm sure you can just stop behind some parked cars and she might not of ticketed you.

theres really no parking around that ATM unless i go into their parking garage which is PITA just to go ATM. i was the last car on red and as i was leaving she wrote down 2 more car plates down in front of me also parked in red so this was something i couldnt avoid unless i did park in the garage.

the whole point of this thread was if they can give a ticket just sitting in their cars its easy money for them since they work on commission i think. mo ticket mo money for them..

Archived