LegacyGT.com

So I'm new here, but I have had a subaru of some kind most my life.

Well I reacently helped a buddy of mine replace the turbo in his car and that got me thinking.

I don't even know if it's possible but I have a 1996 Legacy Brigton I beleive, the one with the 2.2 Liter engine.

So I was thinking it would be a fun project to custom install a turbo onto it. I know this would not be easy but I'm experianced with cars just never installed a turbo from scratch. I just can't seem to find if it is or isn't possible on this car on the internet.

So is it possible and if so how would I go about doing it.

It's possible. Just need to search for EJ22E turbo. The EJ22T was the turbo engine in the First Gen Legacy SS's.

There is more and others will chime in:

Engine Management (key thing)

VF11 or TD04 Turbo

WRX 440CC injectors

Top Mount (06-07 WRX fits the best)

Oil feed/drain lines for the turbo

Custom Up-Pipe

Custom Down-Pipe

This is capable of 5-6 PSI which is a nice power boast since the EJ22E is a high compression motor.

VF11 or TD04 Turbo

WRX 440CC injectors

FMIC!! and a bov . stock wrc vta

Oil feed/drain lines for the turbo

Custom Up-Pipe

Custom Down-Pipe

boost gauge

gaskets....

random silicone bends for the intercooler and turbo inlet.

a bunch of hoses and fittings

im bringing everyone down to my level..

which is giving up on this problematic car..

and i know you're the closest one to me already!! haha

Yeah it's hit and miss for me. I want something else at this point sometimes but really don't even know where to begin. Not only is it a massive pain in the ass to find parts for it.

Vendors who promise to make things seem to be slow as hell. Which in turn bores me of the car.

Oh well I am sticking with it for now and trying to enjoy it the best I can.

Transmission is acting up. The engine makes a stupid metal noise from time to time (think it might be the headers).

Did anything major happened?

i nipped a guardrail back in september, since then ive had maf problems, header problems, misfire problems, new hood, new fenders, new jdm projector, jdm gtb limited beam is a bit bent, now as of an hour ago i have a flashing cel and a solid battery light to add to this magnificent vehicle

Archived