LegacyGT.com

LGT is history...

ktmrider

Wife got into an accident with the LGT this week.

She and the other driver are/were fine however just got the call that insurance is totaling the car... :icon_cry:

Not sure what will replace it, might end up driving my Galant VR4 again however we were extremely happy with the LGT so far.

Ah well at least the humans were OK, the most important part. Will update as things progress.

Thx guys, unfortunately the wife was at fault so even tho we have collision/comprehensive coverage I'm sure our rates will go up.

If I do get another LGT it will be a 4th gen as we don't want a car payment right now. If nothing else it will be something to pass onto my oldest, he is 12 now, then once he is driving I'll get something "fun" for myself.

Yeah, call it the Boomerang as no matter what I do it always seems to come back to me LOL.

86/2000, white, sunroof, some mods that would put it around STG2. Co-worker has been driving it for the last 6 months while I have been traveling as the home boss and 86 never got along.

In fact the LGT was the first vehicle of mine she liked since marriage ( 15+ years ). Been eyeballing some OBXT models, could use the extra storage capacity if we decide to return to the Scoobaru fold plus they are easier to find with manual trannies than Leggie wagon.

• 2 weeks later...

Got back to NM on Sat and saw the LGT yesterday. Sad, sad sight.

It will live on however, a local shop bought it for the salvage price and will transplant the drivetrain into an older Legacy. I'm getting a few items out like the K2 steering wheel and armrest extension in case I get another Subie otherwise look for a FS ad.

deng, just saw this... sorry to hear about your ride =\

Time for another legacy? We need to go on that drive! =D

No doubt on the drive, in fact had I driven the LGT on my last business trip the accident would not have happened.

Looks like I will not get another Leggy at this time. While I would absolutely love to get another we need to hunker down and see how a few things at home play out. Likely next car is a 2000 Lexus ES300, should know in the next few days.

Oh and I never did install that DP, it and a bunch of other schtuff including the K2 Reiz steering wheel are going up for sale soon.

Came within a keystroke of buying an OBXT from back east. Work travel stopped me.

Car is officially gone, check and salvage title showed up today. It was towed to the local shop on Wed for dismantling.

New car, 2000 Lexus ES300. 66k miles, great shape, salvage title due to the PO backing into a pole ( no frame damage tho ). Gonna miss the LGT and this community, will peek in now and then as I plan to have another Scoobaru in the driveway someday.

Peace out everyone!

Archived