LegacyGT.com

HID Headlights

Thanks for the help...that shouldn't be too bad, although I remember the 07's being a little bit trickier to unplug. I'm curious how unplugging the DRL will help them work on Lows?

It won't. You need a relay harness or your ground connections suck.

what the DRL module does is keep them at a certain percentage. Like 30% of full brightness. The DRL module needs the 55W of electric to keep them running any less will make them stutter or flicker. Because it's not getting the 55W it needs. They still work just not the way you want them too. I ran into this same problem with my RSX. To GTTuner yes he can use a harness to help without disabling the DRL module but then you run the risk of later on running down your battery. That is why they now make DRL kit's plug and play because people were getting fed up with the harnesses draining their battery when the kits ballasts would fail.

what the DRL module does is keep them at a certain percentage. Like 30% of full brightness. The DRL module needs the 55W of electric to keep them running any less will make them stutter or flicker. Because it's not getting the 55W it needs. They still work just not the way you want them too. I ran into this same problem with my RSX. To GTTuner yes he can use a harness to help without disabling the DRL module but then you run the risk of later on running down your battery. That is why they now make DRL kit's plug and play because people were getting fed up with the harnesses draining their battery when the kits ballasts would fail.

So the DRL is the solution? I appreciate the help...I'llgive it a go this afternoon.

Do you perfer only getting the HID Kit for low beams or both low/high and fog? What HID kit did any of you peoples use? I was looking at the Philips HID kits, but they are $269 dollars. Just a little pricy. Anyone have any ideas?

I Have a 09' Legacy Limited.

Most HID's are going to be expensive...you could get some bulbs if you want something similar for cheap, however, they're obviously not the same quality.

DRL was the problem, thanks for the help everyone. I gave up trying to get the wire out from the module without cutting it...I guess I'll go ahead and cut it tomorrow.

Do you perfer only getting the HID Kit for low beams or both low/high and fog? What HID kit did any of you peoples use? I was looking at the Philips HID kits, but they are $269 dollars. Just a little pricy. Anyone have any ideas?

I Have a 09' Legacy Limited.

DDM Tuning Apexcone hid kits work pretty good plus have a lifetime warranty and they only cost around $50-$60. I have those in my car and have not had a problem yet and many other people have them in their cars. Actually to a search for them on here i think alaskajoel did a review on them.

Thanks for the help...that shouldn't be too bad, although I remember the 07's being a little bit trickier to unplug. I'm curious how unplugging the DRL will help them work on Lows?

I have an 07 also so you only have to remove one wire from the plug most people say to cut it i chose not to because my way is completely reversible and it only took about ten minutes to locate the plug, remove the wire and tape it up. I dont remember which wire at the moment but if you dont find it i can look tomorrow.

Most HID's are going to be expensive...you could get some bulbs if you want something similar for cheap, however, they're obviously not the same quality.

DRL was the problem, thanks for the help everyone. I gave up trying to get the wire out from the module without cutting it...I guess I'll go ahead and cut it tomorrow.

I'm not sure if it is different than the 05 models but mine all i did was unplug the white connector on the DRL unit. No cutting or pulling of any wires. Hope this helps out.

It's the blue and black wire on 07's. For some reason they changed it from the previous models making it much more difficult. Pretty easy to just cut the wire, but removing the pins from the module is a different story if you don't want to cut it.

Damn that sucks. Hope all goes well. Remember to tape that up with some electrical tape after cutting.

Archived