LegacyGT.com

Bad MAF?

Had read somewhere that the it goes into closed-loop richness to ensure no lean-out at any throttle position. Will look it up again. What's your source?

uh taking the maf off and driving it around !

i seam to remember it stumbled when you rev it.

just un plug it and try it.

i think it will idle high for a few min but it will calm down.

there are tables in the ecu for speed density adjustments also but there not accessible in ecu flash or rom raider. for people who want to change to speed density.

Now that's thinking out of the boxer!:lol:

fyi all 05 + legacy's have built in code reader

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

My 05 5MT keeps popping a MAF CEL code. Replaced the MAF with a brand new one from the dealer and it still pops it. At first, after replacing it and clearing it by a computer at the shop, car would stall at every stop after leaving the shop, idle semi-smooth but after some time everything smoothed out and worked fine. That was until two days after when the code came back again.

Should I be looking for boost/vacuum leaks like everyone else or should I go and replace my brand new MAF again? Idle has a bump in it every now and then otherwise it runs ok.

Car is an 05 LGT 5MT Wagon but has a swapped engine (due to blown turbo) from a 4AT OBXT. Dealer confirmed that it is the same part number for both cars for the MAF so there is no difference there.

Any info is appreciated.

Check for leaks.

If there's a leak or loose hose after the MAF it won't register correctly and can be classed as bad.

But it can also be cabling problems or the ECU. However checking for leaks first is easy.

453747.png

Archived