LegacyGT.com

Axles

So my car is clicking when turning when I go like 15 mph but if I go slow it doesn't click at all. When I go do some figure 8 or tight circles in the parking lot with windows down there's no noise at all in either directions 5 mph to 15 mph. Its like the axles are good in the parking lot but not on the road. The boots aren't torn and everything is tight like axle nuts, lug nuts, tie rods brake pads and everything close to the axles. Nothing stuck or rubbing against anything. I power washed the wheel well and under body. I just want to know if its a bad axle even though it didn't click in the parking lot? It only click's when making turns on the streets. Wouldn't a bad axle click when doing tight circles or figure 8's? It has 78,000 miles! All stock.

That's the general rule for a bad axle.

I'd check your local auto parts store or mechanic to see the availability and cost to replace, just in case.

I did my left front last Aug because the boot tore. The the forum below for that.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Yeah, I'm not sure what's clicking because everything is good. It could be bad axles even with good boots but I want to be 99% sure if it is before I buy one! Did anyone here have/know anyone who had a bad axle with a perfectly good boot? Do you think its anything/something else besides the axles that would click when turning but not when doing circles?

Archived