LegacyGT.com

catback install on n/a 07

Just installed gimmick cat back exhaust on my 2.5i must say it sounds pretty good with some rumble. Dint really notice any power lose if anything feels faster. I no people say you actually loose power with cat backs on n/a legacys but im starting to believe that is not always the case! Call me crazy but it def feels like my car has more power now. Which in a way makes sense, the car can now breath, and flow air more smoothley. Whos knows maybe the whole lose of power thing with cat backs on non turbos is bs! Anyone have dyno charts proving lose of power?

The reason why people say you lose power on the catbacks, is that most (if not all) of the catbacks for legacies are made for the GT.

And most of those are 3"

There have been many threads showing that 2.25 and 2.5 give the most performance gains, and anything bigger then that is a waste, and actually worse. Loss of torque, or a shift that needs to be corrected via a tune.

Again, the issue is the fact that it is 3"

You'll have a hard chance finding many dyno charts for the 2.5i, as most people havn't taken it to a dyno, and logging definitions were only released recently.

I've been meaning to do a road dyno with mine for a while now, but just never had the time. Hopefully once I do, there will be something to compare to stock numbers.

(anyone else with high flow panel intake and catback is free to also post their road rynos for reference)

You car isn't flowing more air b/c it isn't taking in anymore air than it was with the stock system on, you will need to upgrade cams and intake for that. In addition the stock system doesn't restrict the 2.5 H4! It feels faster b/c you put some bling on ;) LOL but hey you like it and that is what counts. You should get a vid up im sure many others are on the fence about the same type install maybe your video could help them decide Yea or Ney

ya i def understand, if it does take power it cant be much cause i havent felt it yet, i will try and post a video soon, def doesnt sound like an sti or boxer, but does have some rumble im very happy with it! hell any way if i wanted something fast i wouldnt have bought a n/a legacy lol. Also the k and n intake i have may be helping out a little

True Dat! The intake is always bad our MAF sensors and ECU just don't like them. Injen tried, this other place tried Ty over on NAZICOCK tried the best intake is the stock or a hybrid stock :(

But your exhaust seems like it makes you happy. Now if you go UEL you are going to have to silence it a bit as our cars get LOUD once they go UEL.

• 2 months later...

i put a k&n filter in..but i just switched out the old one. because i tried a cold air and a ram, but the car wouldn't start so i returned the piping, then found out the car could have seized if i kept trying. well thats Subaru computers for ya. lol

the exhaust can i get the link you got yours from because i also have a n/a.. trying to get a lil rumble going on. also im happy to here that your happy with the outcome.

• 2 weeks later...
exhaust on na do give power, its just at higher rpms, usually higher then you bring it, so the gains are never realized, you might get better mpg's due to it not having to push the exhaust through as a restrictive system, but as for power you usually wont see much gain

Archived