LegacyGT.com

75k, belt change?

Hi,

I have 75k on my 2005 LGT and when i took my car to the mechanic he told me that this car is known to have the belt snap around the 75-80k mark and i should have it changed. He then told me that its different than other cars where the belt and its placement is different. He told me to start saving up because it'll probably be a pretty expensive maintenance job($600+ is the price he gave me).

I was wondering if anybody has had or heard of any belt maintenance similar to what this mechanic is saying. I had a WRX prior to this and the timing belt was a simple and realtively cheap maintenance at 90k. So i never heard of anything like this. Any help would be appreciated because i'd rather have such major work done because its too late and i cause more harm. Thanks!

- Leo

sounds like you need to find yourself a new mechanic if he can't be honest with you on the repairs needed for your car.

as for maintenance schedule, there's is something posted up on the forum regarding that.

258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

Archived