LegacyGT.com

BK on STi Suspension

Found a complete suspension set with the struts springs top mounts etc that came off of an 06 STi. I was thinking about installing them onto my BK legacy. Has anyone done this? I wanted to know how much of a drop it would give me, and if the ride would be too stiff for daily driving.

Also, the parts came off of a sedan. Is this a no go? I figure I can just add some of those rear shims if I get any sag.

I got the 02 JDM STI spec C S202 suspension laying around, waiting to be install. I am thinking what kind of butt spacer i need.

I have 04 STi suspension on my wagon with 3/8" spacers. I didnt wanna do the extended studs but if i had to do it again Id go 1/2" with the studs b/c the rear still sits just a TAD low with the 3/8" spacers.

Will stock sedan WRX springs give me a drop? I have heard mixed responses. Maybe someone who has/is running this setup can chime in.

I think a big reason is variation in the suspensions when they are installed. If your riding on really old, worn out, and saggy sprints the WRX suspension will probably result in a lift from where you were. Likewise, if the WRX suspension is old and worn out, and yours is in relatively good shape it will probably result in a drop. I haven't found exact measurements but I'm pretty sure the overall height of the strut assembly, etc. is pretty close to the same.

Hence, the pretty varied results I've read about.

Just my running theory, but it makes sense in my head.

All that being said, if you swap in the WRX strut assemblies and it doesn't give you the height your looking for (in a drop, if that's what your after), you can always grab a set of Eibach springs for the year WRX suspension you have and get the drop from those.

Will stock sedan WRX springs give me a drop? I have heard mixed responses. Maybe someone who has/is running this setup can chime in.

I am running on 04 WRX take offs with around 50-60k. They ride a million times better than my old worn out stock stuff. I didnt see and raise or lowering really. You feel more bumps but nothing like coilovers. Worth the $180 I paid easily.

Archived