LegacyGT.com

where to start with performance

im in u

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Did no one read the original post. He has an 5EAT.

You dont need a clutch, so that right there shows how little you know.

Adding NX to that tranny is asking for a grenade to blow.

If you want to drag race, sell your car. Buy a car with a 6MT. Or at least a 5MT. The auto tranny is glass.

Now, do a lot of searching and reading. LOL.

:lol::lol::lol:

take it slow on modding you dont want to waste money on wrong parts. research and research some vendors and members are cool and better to pm them about questions they help you for sure..

:lol::lol::lol:

take it slow on modding you dont want to waste money on wrong parts. research and research some vendors and members are cool and better to pm them about questions they help you for sure..

Thanks for the confidence just when I was thinking most of the people on here we're nonhelpful

Ok then lemme ask this question after reading the forums for an easy 3 hours now, what would be a good "package" to go with then? im looking to spend bout $4,500-$5,000. at the moment on mods for the car...see how that goes then dump more money into it.

Ok then lemme ask this question after reading the forums for an easy 3 hours now, what would be a good "package" to go with then? im looking to spend bout $4,500-$5,000. at the moment on mods for the car...see how that goes then dump more money into it.

talk to m sprank he had up pipe, down pipe, tune, fmic, and other combo pricing.

do i get any specials for recommending you:lol:

You build the package for the customer and we will work something out. LOL.

I cant build someones car over the internet. It is one thing is someone walks in and says," I know nothing, I want x00whp, what do i need and what wil it cost?". I can go over everything with them, knowing that they understand what they are getting into.

I cant honestly recommend anything over PM to someone who just says, "I have the family car and I want to go super fast". As I recall, the last member to do that blew up his parents car or something like that.:eek: Thankfully, I was not involved.

Sounds like you want a turnkey solution. Coupled with the fact that you have little desire to truly get involved in the process, it just sounds like you want more power period, you're not a modding enthusiast. You should trade the car in an get something more powerful. Penguin called you out as a rices because your logic and ignorance makes you one.

There is no such thing as a stage 3 turbo. "automatic awd" is redundant.

Upgrade clutch and gears. Do you even know how an automatic transmission works?

There are already vendors out there that sell everything you need for going stage 3 as a complete package in the pricerange you are looking for.

If you are looking for big power, Stage 3, with a reliable car, as a turnkey solution, meaning you drop the money and have it all done, which includes the transmission, you are looking at about 8 thousand bucks worth in mods. I am going to go ahead and assume you got the car for around 12K. In the end you are looking at 20K dropped in the car.

A used GTO would have been cheaper and still has a chance of raping you once you are Stage 3. Hell, you could have gotten a G8 which is a hell of a car. A family sedan that hauls serious ass.

You build the package for the customer and we will work something out. LOL.

I cant build someones car over the internet. It is one thing is someone walks in and says," I know nothing, I want x00whp, what do i need and what wil it cost?". I can go over everything with them, knowing that they understand what they are getting into.

I cant honestly recommend anything over PM to someone who just says, "I have the family car and I want to go super fast". As I recall, the last member to do that blew up his parents car or something like that.:eek: Thankfully, I was not involved.

Why should that matter? if someone wasnt smart enough to know what was being put in their car that should be their own fault if they screw it up not your's

Sounds like you want a turnkey solution. Coupled with the fact that you have little desire to truly get involved in the process, it just sounds like you want more power period, you're not a modding enthusiast. You should trade the car in an get something more powerful. Penguin called you out as a rices because your logic and ignorance makes you one.

There is no such thing as a stage 3 turbo. "automatic awd" is redundant.

Upgrade clutch and gears. Do you even know how an automatic transmission works?

There are already vendors out there that sell everything you need for going stage 3 as a complete package in the pricerange you are looking for.

If you are looking for big power, Stage 3, with a reliable car, as a turnkey solution, meaning you drop the money and have it all done, which includes the transmission, you are looking at about 8 thousand bucks worth in mods. I am going to go ahead and assume you got the car for around 12K. In the end you are looking at 20K dropped in the car.

A used GTO would have been cheaper and still has a chance of raping you once you are Stage 3. Hell, you could have gotten a G8 which is a hell of a car. A family sedan that hauls serious ass.

I laugh at the idea that because someone comes on here asking moding questions everyone assumes they have no clue what they are talking about...

even more funny is that no one on this forum thinks subaru legacy's are even worth modding! :lol:...

As i stated before, what fun is it to have an already known "fast car" that doesnt tickle my fancy, now you a build a stock looking car to keep up with a G8 now you are talking my language...

and actually I bought the car cash for 8k jew'd them down from 13k, so a meesly 8-10k into mods on the car i dont mind spending...

And I'm more then capable of doing the work myself something I dont know or need help on I got plenty of buddies in the race scene that will assist me with it, granted they deal mostly with v8 and some v6 and tell me all Subaru kids are jokes lol

Everyone here is slamming you because you're the typical new owner overcome with enthusiasm, eager to drop bills but unwilling to find answers on his own.

We do not assume you don't know what you're talking about, you have established that beyond doubt with that stupid modlist that makes zero sense. Even if you are unfamiliar with Legacies or Subarus in general you should know nitrous on a turbo car is a stupid idea that makes no sense (I actually asked this very question years ago :lol:, but knowing what I was asking). You should also know there is no such thing as "upgraded clutch" on an automatic.

So you are in the "racing scene". That's great. Your buddies will be left scratching their heads when they look at the Legacy and will probably tell you stupid stuff like installing an intake without a tune :lol: Because they will do what you just did. Carry over knowledge they THINK they have from other cars to this one, most of them not applying and some of them being downright stupid and a waste of money.

Your assumption that we don't think Legacies are worth modding is stupid at best. Again, open your eyes, take a look around this forum and then come back with specific questions.

You are getting flamed because we are hoping you will rectify the attitude and we'll get along just fine ;)

Unfortunately the forum is not the place to walk into and say "I know nothing, tell me what to do". A speed shop that is looking to take your money would be the place to do that.

That is why I said if you were a walk in it would be easier. I could take the time to sit with you and go over everything. Educate as I presented options to reach your goal. But that investment in my time is an investment in our customer/builder relationship.

This is a forum where many people across the world are looking for answers and advice, but are expected to have some basic knowledge already. As all info given is free and taken with a grain of salt.

I laugh at the idea that because someone comes on here asking moding questions everyone assumes they have no clue what they are talking about...

even more funny is that no one on this forum thinks subaru legacy's are even worth modding! :lol:...

As i stated before, what fun is it to have an already known "fast car" that doesnt tickle my fancy, now you a build a stock looking car to keep up with a G8 now you are talking my language...

and actually I bought the car cash for 8k jew'd them down from 13k, so a meesly 8-10k into mods on the car i dont mind spending...

And I'm more then capable of doing the work myself something I dont know or need help on I got plenty of buddies in the race scene that will assist me with it, granted they deal mostly with v8 and some v6 and tell me all Subaru kids are jokes lol

So prove yourself and do it. And don't ever say "jew'd them down" again because that's disrespectful and I'm not even Jewish.

Here is my suggestion : You should take the "meesly" 8-10k and buy another Legacy. You would then have twice as many Legacys and you could then make twice as many stupid comments. Momma must be proud.

In all seriousness, this web-site and its members are very helpful. They are dedicated and very welcoming to new members. Additionally I don't think people have issues with your questions, just your commments.

So prove yourself and do it. And don't ever say "jew'd them down" again because that's disrespectful and I'm not even Jewish.

Actually I have nothing to prove to you, But for the record I am going to do my build. And dont ever tell me what to say or not to say.

Archived