LegacyGT.com

So i'm aiming for a nice stage 2 tune (soon).. i have a couple questions.

iv_05gt

Ok, so i have most of the things i wanted to get.

I have a CNT catted down pipe (from m sprank ty)

HKS catless up pipe

Perrin lightweight crank pulley

AEM CAI

I plan on grabbing a grimspeed ebcs.

I've JB welded my intercooler end tanks.

I ordered parts to replace the oil feed line for the turbo.

My question is, am i missing something. Have I over looked anything critical or will I be ready to go.

Thx for your time and advice to come.

Do you have or are you getting an aftermarket exhaust (cat back)?

What type of tune are you going for open source or a Cobb AP...? Also who is going to tune the car?

Its just my .02 cents but AEM intake... you should prob go with a Cobb SF or something similar

I was 0.

And I'm still a zero.

:lol:

Good call on the DP, best bang for buck with CNT.

Get rid of the AEM CAI, its actually going to net you zero gain.

EDIT: honestly not going to buy yourself a whole lot with the pully (may as well do it anyway) or the EBCS either. EBCS should improve spool charastics some tho' and should make it easier to tune.

FWIW If I were you my parts list would be:

CNT DP,

any UP

Infamous1 e-Tune

Vag-COM cable

rear sway bar

front sway bar

and its kinda wierd to me to get an ebcs before upgrading the tmic but that just me. Id rather use the pill, oem intake, oem pully and run a upgraded tmic

^^ what he said is right on, if my car didnt come with a Cobb SF intake I prob wouldnt have one. I didnt have one in my 04 WRX they really dont do anything but make noise. You are better off with a K&N or FP Green panel filter.
I was 0.

And I'm still a zero.

:lol:

well i just baught the AEM off someone here (not even here yet lol)

I'm still on a toss up between doing an e-tune (already have a vag com cable for work) or going up to bren tuning in mass. I hear great stories about both.

I don't have a catback. Idk if i want one (want to be quiet) I'm really thinking about just swapping out the mid pipe to get rid of the resonator.

And i will definitly clamp those vac lines. thank you!

well i just baught the AEM off someone here (not even here yet lol)

Then you have pics and info from the F/S thread. Should be very easy to repost it F/S before it even gets to you. Welcome to hot potato.:p

I'm still on a toss up between doing an e-tune (already have a vag com cable for work) or going up to bren tuning in mass. I hear great stories about both.

My 2c - if you were doing anything crazy I would suggest building a relationship with a local tuner.

Since you are not even going stage 3, you are going to find it VERY hard to match Infamous1 value. He is local to me so it is a 100% no brainer.

Archived