LegacyGT.com

suspension/intake

this is my first time on here, just thought i would ask here. ive got a 98 legacy outback and ive already broken a strut and coil on it just wondering what suspension upgrades are recommended. and any other performance pars youve put on. i want the car to last me a few more years and dont want to keep breaking it. thanks

True that for the stickies but in the meantime. For suspension a common strut replacement are the KYB GR2's. Not much else in leu of springs unless you want to lower your car with drop springs or spend a fortune on Kings. But one thing that is helpful are the 1" lift spacers offered by a few online companies. They'll give you an easy inch of ground clearance and won't sacrifice ride quality. Other than that some better sway bar endlinks and bushings will also help tighten the ride up.

thanks for the info. i would love stronger springs somehow, i already sheared one off haha. my car doesnt like being sideways above 60km/h

you should probably get some stiffer springs, there are stiffer options than oem with minimal drop (1-2")

Archived